Now, I will try my damndest, not to get on my soapbox here, but, I make no promises.
First, I am so thankful that no one was seriously injured and that damage thus far seems to be relatively minor. I am so thankful for that. I am also very thankful that I was not in Los Angeles when it happened, that's for sure.
I've had my share of earthquakes (I remember Lomo Alto and my baby twin cousins were trapped behind their dresser in Northridge), and honey, after 2003, I am finished.
That was the most horrific day of my life.
I am so grateful that no one else had to experience what my sweet community did, and what my family went through. I'm so grateful that Northridge woke people up and that Southern California enacted laws to create safer buildings, for the people who fought for that.
I wish there had been stronger laws in 2003, but, mostly, I wish people had actually enforced them (outside of L.A).
I am grateful to the Governor for signing Jenna's bill, and I"m grateful to all those who are still working to make California a safer place for everyone.
I know you can't predict earthquakes, I know that. But, the safer the buildings are, the better. I'm so glad that no one was seriously injured in yesterday's quake.
(OK, OK, getting off my soapbox now).


6 comments:
That was such a scary thing to happen. I am glad that everyone is okay.
oh my, I'm glad to hear everyone is now safe and sound.
I too hate earthquakes... I was just a little gal when the big San Fran earthquake hit northern cali... it was awful! I still remember it.
Hope you're ok, the last few days must have been hard for you x hugs x
man...i bet that was scary!!!
I wanted to let you know...i changed my blog address to
merrianne.blogspot.com
see ya there ♥
Glad everyone is ok. I've only felt little ones when we lived in San Diego. I can't even imagine a really serious one!!
I know, wasn't that crazy? I didn't feel it either but my family did in San Diego! I grew up only feeling little earthquakes, and I've never been in a serious one before.
Post a Comment