Friday, July 18, 2008

Happiness in the mail (and online)


Have I mentioned how much I love J. Crew?? Well, it's a lot y'all. Don't you just want to marry that necklace? Yeah, me too.

If you need me, I'll be devouring my newest catalog of joy....

And debating how badly I really want to fight off Batman movie goers to see Mama Mia! .... But, as we all know, I don't do crowds. But I soooo want to see Mama Mia! (I want to see Batman too--I mean, hello, Christian Bale=my first major childhood crush, hello!).... Ugh.

Oh, and this lovely lady, gave me this lovely Arte y Pico award (because she's fabulous like that):

And, now, I am to nominate 5 people I think are deserving of it, so, here goes:

1. Kelly, because she has the greatest ideas and hosts super fun swaps, offers up recipes, tips and anything else you could imagine, and is just plain nice.

2. Amy, because, she updates regularly, shares great pictures of her Florida adventures, shares recipes, giveaways and other greatness, is funny, kind and just generally awesome. Trust this.

3. One Fabulous Mom because she teaches us how to host great cocktail parties, travels, writes, has great tips and hosts bloggie vacays. Yeah, she is fabulous.

4. My fantastic Aunt Suzi because she shares her pictures of our wonderful family and her great talent with everyone. And, well, she's pretty darn cute too.

5. Andie because I love her shoe collection and she's got the cutest little girl and great taste. I love seeing what she has to share each day.

There you have it. Thank you lovely ladies for inspiring me. I'll still be sitting here with my J. Crew catalog if you need me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally! :)
I am glad you emailed me about the Diet Divas!!! :)

I love those PINK SHOES on the side of your blog!!!!♥

Thanks for your comments on my blog!!! I love your blog, too!!!

I'll have to add you to my favorites list!!!!

{amy k.} said...

I just realized your little header above where I'm typing... has that always been there? That's funny, I like it.

Thanks for the award, you're very sweet, too sweet!

Hope you're enjoying the catalog... I have to stay away. My wallet cries and screams even at the sight of the catalog. Someday...

Natalie said...

"Open the gates and seize the day. Don't be afraid and don't delay..." (sung in perfect a capella harmony)

If you can recite the rest of that phrase and tell me what they are doing while singing it, I will induct you into NAFBN. (Newsies Anonymous Founded By Natalie) and you will feel super cool. :)

kelly said...

i love the piece on the cover picture.

photography by suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
photography by suzanne said...

Honored to be on your list sweetie.

Love you.
Aunt Suzi

Dolly said...

Ally-nice to have you join Diet Divas! You have great style and pazazz! :) Love your blog and pictures! Very Shabby-Chic...

The Mrs. said...

Thank you doll! Right back atcha in the fabulousity dept. You are fabulous too!