Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One Year Ago

We signed the papers on our very own home. After back and forths about the price, we finally settled on a compromise and I took an early lunch to meet the husband and our realtor to seal the deal.



It's been a great year in le humble abode, although, we'll be the first admit, it isn't nearly the way we want it to look.

We had popcorn ceilings (evil), wallpaper dating back 30+ years (not kidding) and massacre style splatter paint in the hallway (awesome). All those things were rectified within the first week after closing, but, my friends, the downstairs guest bathroom has been ignored.

Until last night.

I came home to my husband painting it (seriously, who is this guy?). He had told me he would prime it, but, I had no idea painting was involved.

So, this evening, I will return home to a guest bathroom that is no longer pea soup puke green (ick) with matching pea soup hardware--no, no, I will be returning to a watery blue bathroom, with antique ivory hardware.

And it only took us one year.
Sweet.

(this isn't exactly the best picture, but, you can sort of see the lovely pea soup color on the ceiling that hasn't been painted blue yet--mind you, this is after a coat of primer)

22 comments:

Lis said...

I love your house!! And yay for the hubby working on the bathroom!!

We will have been in our house two years in May -- I am amazed at how much we've done and yet amazed at how much I still want to do! :)

photography by suzanne said...

Your house is darling. I would love to see the inside and all you have done to it.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I love your home, when I was there I kept thinking that I wanted to live in a house asap. So you guys have done good. How sweet of your hubs! He should get some extra bonus points.

Kaci said...

So cute!! I love your little house!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Way to go hubs! He's painting! That would be a miracle at the Green house. It looks like it's all coming together. Congratulations on one year!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

How fun! Don't feel bad, we live in an older home that is beautiful, but... still has not only a seafoam green bathroom, but also a pepto-pink one!

koopermom said...

I've had my house for 11 months, and it is nowhere where I want it to be either! I have everything bought to redo my bathroom, but I need my dads and brothers help, so it is all just sitting around in the garage, along with some white paint for the trim, and 6 new light fixtures!! Someday!

Becky said...

I have to say, the exterior of your house is freakin' adorable. Like your own chateau!!!
Love it, love it.

Mojito Maven said...

LOVE the outside of your house!! You should post more photos and do a photo tour!

had fun last night!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks like it came right from a story book! So cute! I love remodeling and making things my own. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

With Love from New Orleans said...

ADORABLE! LOVE LOVE!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

What a cute house!

Heather said...

Your house is so pretty. It sounds like the bathroom will be really cute.

Milltini said...

hey, progress is progress no matter how long it takes! i love your house!

jlc said...

Love your house!!!

Ahh you just reminded me. I *think* it's been 2 years since we've bought ours. Now I gotta go off and check....


PS Diggin' your French skillz. ;)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

What a great husband! Love your house!

Jessica said...

your home is so cute on the outside. i would love to see more pics of the inside. you have great style!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Beautiful home. Good luck with the bathroom. With a house there is always something that needs working on. Have a great week. Love & blessings from NC!

kadler said...

Yay! Congrats :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

the house is gorgeous!!!

tootie said...

Congrats on the new house!!

Kara D said...

My husband and I have been taking our time on home improvement projects as well. :) Nothing wrong with that!!