Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Feeling Zen

The last few weeks have been crazy--to say the least, but, I think I'm finally getting back into a routine.

I spent Monday at home sick--and let me tell you, for all those days where you wish you could be at home sick (come on, I know we've had them), let me tell you, no amount of daytime TV was going to make it better (having a little Ella Mae pup all snuggled up did help, however). And, I think I've spent my entire salary at Whole Foods in the last week.


But, I feel better! It's amazing what can happen when you treat your body well (thank you captain obvious). I think, generally, my issues last week were brought on by stress, having a sensitive stomach and blood sugar issues which blew up into hell for me(sorry for the overshare).

But, a few days of raw food, no dairy, no gluten, and I am feelin' better (also crediting that delicious faux ice cream I've been inhaling daily).

I'm going to yoga today--haven't been in a like a month, this should be wildly entertaining, and my race is on Monday. I'm going to try to get in 10 miles on Saturday, but, it's the husband's birthday and I promised him a nice breakfast--which means, up at 6:30 to run? Methinks, no.


As a pre race treat to myself, I went online shopping last night and purchased a whole mess of summer tee shirts and am so excited. I am a jeans and tee shirt gal--let me tell you. I love nothing more than good fitting jeans, a flattering T shirt and some funky jewelry.

Shirt(s)? Check. Jeans? Check (girls, I'm in my skinny jeans!). Funky jewelry? Strike. Etsy and I have a date tonight in which I am determined to find the perfect funky, chunky, unique necklace that will go with my newly purchased Ts (dark blue, red, white, gray).


This just goes to prove, there's nothing like ice cream and online shopping to cure what ails you. (don't tell my yoga instructor about the ice cream, k?)

12 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Um, yay for online shopping!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i hope you're feeling better and that's so exciting that your race is this weekend! good luck!

and yay for being in your skinny jeans!!!

Dollface said...

Yoga is so amazing... I just wish it worked out my body as much as spinning... I hope u have a better day! xxoo

Lucky in Love said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. You seem to have had to give up a lot...but I'm sure it's worth it!

I did yoga yesterday and it was amazing. I haven't done it in about a month as well...but I was feeling a little tight from all the new running. I don't think I stretch well enough. Well...this sure solved the problem. When I was done...my legs never felt better. Who knew stretching helped?? :)

Charis said...

Good luck with your jewelry quest! Glad you're feeling better!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

So glad you're feeling a little better!

You know I'm with you, California girl, on the jeans & good t-shirt thing. Just give me some good jewelry & a comfy set of flip-flops, and I'm set.

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so fun! Good luck on the race Monday! I hope you find some snazzy jewelry!

jlc said...

I love your titles always!!!

So cute and I'm so glad you're feeling better hun! :)


I arrive June 30th right after school is out!! :D :D :D

Lis said...

I hope you find the perfect jewelry and are feeling tip top soon!!!

And yay for skinny jeans!! :)

Lindsey said...

YAYAYA for skinny jeans, there is no other feeling like it!

Kaci said...

Ooo I love to online shop!! So much better then window! :)

Michelle said...

Glad you are feeling better! And yay for online shopping and ice cream.

cozystyle.blogspot.com