Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pain & Pride

Thank y'all so much for all the supportive and kind comments over the last few weeks as it seems every post I've written has been somewhat of a Debbie Downer (and I loathe Debbie Downers, fyi). So, thank you so much, I really appreciate everything love that I have so many fantastic blog friends. Hugs to you all.

It's been a rough couple of weeks, for sure. I've resigned myself to the fact that yes, SP, you have actually gained weight--and not just a little. Which was heartbreaking and emotional last week, but, yesterday, as the scale told me "Ha! Looks like those months of hard work are shot!". I said "Ha! You're wrong. I got off track, but, watch me get back on it even quicker." It's a pride thing--I was upset (and in tears) last week because I had been sick, which in turn made me overeat because I just needed some energy--I was upset because I'd not been paying attention.

Which is the stupidest thing ever to be upset and in tears about--I mean really. At the end of the day I'm running more than I ever have in my life, I'm still eating healthy good food (albeit, too much), I'm cooking more meals at home and saving $$. I mean really? To cry over 5 lbs? Not cool. So, I'm still insanely bitter about the whole thing, but, whatever, new challenge, SP can handle it.

Last night as I left the gym, i could barely walk because my feet hurt so bad. It was a pivotal moment in my race training. I was feeling sorry for myself and my God my feet were killing me--blisters on all my toes, ouch! But, as I sat at home last night I thought "this is nothing--people do so much more than me. I can do this." And I can.

And just to prove to that scale who's the boss, I managed to crank out 5 miles this AM. (I'm seriously considering wearing sandals the rest of the day, but, whatevs)

While it's been rough, and emotional, and fattening, I've learned a lot about myself in the last few weeks.

A) I don't handle massive amounts of stress well--i.e., I get sick B) I may have developed a slight wheat allergy (shoot me now)--and have learned that food allergies can begin when you're losing weight and changing your eating habits--could explain why I became lactose intolerant when I lost 25lbs 6 years ago. Awesome. C) Yoga is my bestest friend ever. Three days in a row of yoga last week really helped me re-gain myself. D) Online shopping is my second bestest friend ever. I got my shirts last night and I love them--although annoyed that one is 100% cotton (which it said 95% cotton, 5% lycra online)--which means it will shrink. Boo!


So, as I sit here, typing away with my icky feet and chubby hips, I find comfort in my sweet om charm necklace that I gifted myself last week--I can overcome.

Thanks for hangin' with me through it kids, I loves ya!
P.S Race report coming tomorrow and long overdue giveaway next week!


P.P.S. I casually mentioned the marathon to my dad and joked that they should fly out and watch. Guess who bought plane tickets? My dad. Guess why can't back out of the marathon now? Me. Holy yikes.

XOXO
It's Wednesday!!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, kiddo! You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! (Thought you might need a cheering section)

Mrs.Preppy said...

So I have been reading all of your updates, just have not had the time to comment like I would normally do. (I wonder why??) Anyway, it sounds like we really need to get together!!! When is good for you?

Lucky in Love said...

Good luck to you honey! I know you can do it. Gaining weight is never fun...but with the amount of work you are putting in, you will have it off in no time!

d.a.r. said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately!!! I have been reading though and keeping my fingers crossed for you. You are seriously inspiring and I think it is amazing that you are so in tune with your body and learning so much about it. Hang in there!

Jessica said...

that is so sweet that your dad bought tickets to come see you at the race. forgive yourself for the little weight gain - you're awesome! you're going to do so great at the race. - something to really, really be proud of.

Dollface said...

Awww... Im sooo sorry youre in such a bad mood... I can see why gaining weight would make you upset, but dont worry, shake it off, literally.. wait till your feet heel, get a pedicure and a massage.. and then when u are ready run again.. until then do your arms and abs.... xxxoo

The Blonde Duck said...

You poor thing. With all the running you're doing, that 5 lbs will melt off. Are you sure it's not muscle?

photography by suzanne said...

I love you just the way you are...perfect!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Hang in there, SP. Your upbeat (even when you're sad) and sweet attitude are an inspiration. I have no doubt you're going to tackle the pounds & the running challenges with your customary grace.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sounds like you're having a rough time. : ( Have you thought about trying out gluten-free products? My friend did it do to a health issue with wheat and she's lost a ton of weight and is feeling great. I know how you feel. I have five more pounds of stubborn baby weight that won't leave and my body is just different now. Sigh.

Heather said...

You have such a good attitude!

amelia said...

how fun that your dad is coming to your race!

:)

TUWABVB said...

You will overcome all of this stress and BS. And the most important thing about the marathon is that you dad is coming. I'm sure he does NOT care about anything other than seeing you. Remember that.

Mikki said...

you will do it!!
Glad things are hopefully looking up this week, you just keep that kick a#$ attitude!!

Kaci said...

Oh sister I'm sorry about the gain but so proud that you are not giving up and are striving to keep going! YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Hey SP, it's been good to get time to read your blog and catch up on your life - don't sweat the 5lb, or the dietary stuff - at least you are aware of it all and sound super committed to getting back on track - all that running and gym work in really impressive! Most of all - take care, rest - get some well deserved shut eye and pamper yourself! You are a PRINCESS afterall!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Hang in there. Don't give up. You'll get those five pounds right off!