While I'm sure that the best of us are out there doing our WW, South Beach and Mediterranean diets to look awesome in that expensive bikini we purchased in efforts to spur us into action (I would know nothing about this, of course), I have come to learn that this summer, there may be a new diet for SP.
And it does not include dairy.
Bite me.
I developed some lovely issues about 6 (um, I totally just typed 5 and then had to do a re-take--sad!) years ago when I moved out here. I blame the pasteurization process in different states, but, we'll never know.
I managed for years. I've managed and been able to re-introduce small portions of my favorite food group (ice cream has both dairy and sugar, the best of both worlds) and not really worry about it except on rare occasions where I knew there would be food I couldn't eat.
I never dreamed that fancy expensive cheese pita from a lovely restaurant would send all this to a grinding halt. But, it did.
So, in efforts to quell my growing waistline, and constant bout of nausea, I'll try ditching the dairy (again).
Mind you, I loathe soymilk. Loathe it. I did the whole "I'm soy!" thing for like 2 years and hated every damn day of it. I love yogurt. And pudding. And....
So, here goes.
Day 1. (not like I'm going to actually try to keep track or anything, it just seemed dramatic)
Let's see how long I last before going into a dairy free coma. (I'm guessing 3 days--any other guesses?)
(and yes, I take Lactaid, and yes, I've had the Lactose free milk--gah)
Hey, at least maybe I'll lose those last few pounds!
Here's hoping.
Here's hoping.


18 comments:
Oh miserable :( Good luck!!
what about rice or almond milk? My roomie has a problem with dairy as well. xxooo
oh no. so sad. i'm sorry!
sending lactose-free fairy dust your way!
aw man, that's no good! I'm a HUGE dairy fan, I don't know if I could do that!
But you are strong- and YOU CAN! :) Good luck!
Oh not fun! I loathe milk by itself, but giving up cheese MIGHT make me crazier than Brit-Brit...I'd recommend goat cheese, it's one of my favs, and they sell lots of fun varieties at Eatzi's, Central Market, etc. Also, to get your ice cream fix, try Gooey's at the southeast corner of Preston and Forest in Dallas - they have like 10 flavors of soft-serve that I think is dairy free (and low fat - bonus!)Good luck honey :)
Have you tried almond milk? It's pretty good. May help with the cravings :)
oh no! no dairy, i'm sorry! maybe there are some new products out there now!! here's hoping for you=)
Good luck!
Oh, how I loathe old age & the weird digestive problems that seem to come with it. A life without ice cream is admittedly sucky to face.
Not as bad as an ice cream sacrifice, but I've had to give up my Diet Coke & caffeinated coffee habits for similar problems. As a result, I am no longer awake, but at least my GI tract isn't killing me.
OH that is such a bummer! I wish the best of luck to you, I know that would be EXTREMELY hard for me to do. I'm definitely a dairy girl.
my nephew drinks soy milk and it isnt half bad! so sorry to hear this! ugh!
eek! there is no way i could do the whole lactose free thing. good luck!
I've been a vegetarian since I was 13, but I could never go vegan. I love dairy products too much! Well. Life decided to change that for me. Not only did my allergy to dairy come back ( I was lacotose intolerant as a baby) but I am now allergic to most fruits. This leaves me with the question, what the HELL am I suppose to eat?! Life just really isn't fair. Good luck!
No dairy!! Eek!!
Lots of luck!
Oh the woes of dairy!!! I to have the lovely issues you deal with...going on 5 years ago from a virus and got use to soymilk but ice cream and cheese....dang it!!!
An easy tip...if you still like to suffer evry now 7 then the Traget brand version of Lactaid Fast Act works a million times better. Chew 1-2 right before you eat the dairy and its sooo much better.
Good luck with the dieting.....and hang in there!!!
Oh good luck! Milk messes with me some times, I just fight back! Or something... ha!
Oh NOOO! Lactose intolerance is an actual fear of mine. Dairy all the way.
Good luck Sug! Elly has to watch her dairy as well...my poor 4 year old has IBS. :(
Post a Comment