Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid Year Recap

Remember how I had all these lofty goals for 2009? Well, I figured it's time to revisit them and keep myself honest. Although, I won't lie, it's clearly sad to see how far I've missed the mark thus far.

On December 31, I decided that in 2009 I would....

Lose 10-ish pounds.
Mid Year Recap: We're teetering at 8-9 at best. I blame running. I was down 12 lbs in April, but, since I've been racking up the miles, the lbs aren't coming off. Sure.

Feel better about me.
Mid Year Recap: It's a process. I feel awesome that I can run, and that I'm doing something I didn't think I could do, but, it's a process.


Finally re-do the upstairs bathroom.
Mid Year Recap: Has.Not.Happened. We did, however, re-do the downstairs bathroom, so, in my mind, that counts. We've redecorated the upstairs bathroom, which has helped it a lot, but, we still need to paint the walls and stain the cabinets. No idea when we'll have time for that.

Write more.
Mid Year Recap: Hasn't happened. Haven't made the time. But, after a lovely dinner with MM, I have some new strategies for tackling my book and taking the time to write. This will be the summer of SP I tell you!

Grow professionally.
Mid Year Recap: Had a good performance review, am trying to take on more responsibilities, learning from my new supervisor (who currently has strep!) and am currently working my booty off without an intern. Hopefully, I will continue on this path.


Actually speak in Italian on a semi-regular basis.

Mid Year Recap: That's funny. I had to drop out of class only the third week into it because work was all-consuming at the time and when things calmed down I was too behind. I'm sad that they don't offer classes over the summer and in the fall I'll be in a graduate course and won't have the time to take Italian. Double dog boo! But, hopefully next winter I can resume my studies. Totally sucky.


Hopefully add to le royal family.
Mid Year Recap: On hold. With the husband without a job, it's just not feasible. And with my new found love of running, I have other things to look forward to. Marathon in November, people! It saddens me, but, at the same time, is a big weight off my shoulders and I feel like I can just sit back and enjoy life as it comes. Does it count if we added Beagle Ella Mae?


Become more crafty.
Mid Year Recap: Funny. I bake a lot now. I'm an awesome baker. Crafty? Notsomuch. Baking is a craft, right?

Be happy.
Mid Year Recap: It's a process. However, I do find myself much happier than I did just 6 or 7 months ago. Of course, there are plenty of things I'm un-happy about, but, overall, I am blessed.

So, it's not where I wanted to be 6 months in, but, I still have 6 more months of 2009. Let's see what I can crank out by then!

P.S. Be sure to check back tomorrow for an awesome giveaway!

15 comments:

Dollface said...

awww.. well I think you are making great process in everything!! we set goals and sometimes we find other goals along the way, keep your head up!! xxxoo

Sarah B. said...

I totally think you are making progress....you can see what you have done and what you still need to do or want to do for that matter. I think as long as we are aware in the process we are growing. And I think I will ahve to borrow this idea and re-cap where I am. :)

Lindsey said...

This is so great you're doing this and you are def making a lot of process!!!

d.a.r. said...

I love this post!! You are definitely making a lot of progress in all kinds of areas in your life. You should be proud of that!

Sarah said...

I don't know, to me it looks like you've done a lot! Maybe its not where you want to be, but don't be so hard on yourself! You're doing great!

Charis said...

Holy crap is it really the middle of the year already?!?!

Geez.

I think you're doing a ton better than most people with their new year's resolutions though! Good job!

Lucky in Love said...

I'd say you're super far along! You're making such great progress and I am really proud of you!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

YES, adding the lovely beagle counts.

Looks like you've absolutely achieved so much - good for you!

PS - I might be in Dallas in a few weeks with my California BF; if it works out, maybe we can finally meet up and reminisce about In n' Out and Sees! I'll drop you a line if I'm able to go.

koopermom said...

OMG- It really is half way through the year isn't it????

Holy. COW.

You are doing AWESOME on your goals - and don't forget that sometimes goals change, and you add new ones instead.

I still can't believe the year is half over. :(

LyndsAU said...

you are making great progress dear!! and not many people can say they stick to their guns on these things!

Heather Scott Partington said...

We always have to set goals as teachers every year, and the type A personality in me didn't like it at first. It felt like a contract written in stone. I've come to see that there's something good about just making the goals and then attempting them, even if you don't hit them all--at least you'll be farther along than you were!

Ashley said...

You're making great progress! Much better than I'm doing at my goals for this year, I'm sad to say. And adding your doggie sure does count! I love that you call your family "le royal family." Cute!

Mojito Maven said...

you have done an amazing job on your list! And, I'm glad that you're going to start writing again!! we can spurr each other on and help each other!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i love this, what a great list, and some great progress girl!! the downstairs bathroom, definitely counts, so does litte beagle=) that's great that you and mm got to get together and got some new inspiration=)!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You are making progress. You aren't Super Woman, so don't expect to get EVERYTHING done. Love & blessings from NC!