Is it Monday already? I've missed you all! I feel like I've been gone for ages--which made it that much harder to get into the office this AM. Boo. But, ce le vie--I've got a busy day, which, I actually enjoy because it goes by quicker--obvs. Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th!
1. Went running around my neighborhood this AM instead of the gym because I can't mentally handle the thought of long distances on the treadmill. Frightening things I saw this AM that reminded me that "well, the treadmill isn't so bad": a) two possibly transient teens/young adults um, "doing it" at the playground along the trail, b) and older gentleman who found it necessary to stand in his doorway in his tighty whities just watching traffic, runners and cyclists go by his house. Yikes. Interesting morning to saw the least!
2. Racing when it's already 85 degrees and increases to damn near 100 by the time you're finished? Not a good idea. Holy moly, that 4th of July race nearly killed me. Officially not looking forward to my race in 2 weeks. Ick.
3. It was a time trial, and, not my best work (gr!). But, it was fun to be nerdy and joke about how cool it was that I was time trialing and so were the cyclists in the Tour. That makes me awesome by association.
4. I actually slept in for two days last week--it was glorious. But, weird thing, could I have slept too much (and by "sleeping in", I mean um 7:30 AM)? Because I was freaking exhausted those two days!
5. We were rebels and went and saw a movie on a weeknight--mwahah! We saw the new Transformers movie. Now listed kids, I'm not going to sit here and say it was the best movie ever, but, I'm also not going to bash it because it wasn't a "deep movie". For me, I go to the movies to be entertained and to enjoy myself--it did it's job! It was entertaining and actually had a rather good script. Not going to complain. Plus, if Megan Fox isn't motivation to hit the gym, I don't know what is!
6. We purchased pool floaties so that I could be really irresponsible and halfway submerge myself in the pool whilst trying to get tan--hilarity has ensued as Ella Mae is waging a full on war against the floaties. I'm a little worried she's going to try to jump on one of them!
7. I have a mosquito bite on the middle of my middle finger. How?! It freaking hurts.
8. We need more 3 day weekends. Just a thought.
Hope you all have a lovely Monday!
xoxo,
SP
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Oh my, what an interesting morning run you had, haha! I love it! I definitely see some interesting things on my early morning runs. I run through neighborhoods and saw the leftovers of a domestic dispute once...dishes, clothes, appliances all broken in the front yard....whoops!
wow...that is interesting.
and I'm spending every second thanking God that's not going to be in the 100's here and it'll ONLY be around 98 degrees.
Interesting neighbors you have :)
Ha! Hope this week flies by for the both of us!
Your running encounters seem horrifying! But way to keep trucking!
wow your neighbors sound quite intersting!!!
Hope this week flies bye
I love three day weekends... even tho I am not working right now, I love the weekends because my hubby is with me
Haha! Megan Fox is my hubby's DREAM girl. Lol.
Completely jealous of the words pool floaties... and good for you sleeping in, hahaa.... I saw Transformers with Jared as well... xxxooo
ha! that is an interesting run!
good for you to keep at it!
Uh, wow. I'm just going to add those things you saw on your run to my ever-expanding list of why I don't run!
Hope you have a fab week.
3 day weekends, I'm game! Hope your finger feels better!
yikes the things you saw on your run!!! it is so true sometimes sleeping more makes us more tired too, so weird=) and a movie on a weeknight!! so fun!!=)
I hate awkward mosquito bites! I have one on the bottom of my foot, drives me crazy!
So much easier to read! I heart you!
Glad to hear Transformers isn't that bad. I think I'm gonna get dragged to see it this week.
Oh, I totally agree with the last one... we do need more 3 day weekends!
your running encounters are just as good as my work ones!!! we need to swap stories more often haha.
Here, here! I agree 3 day weekends are awesome! Happy Monday!
i HATE mosquito bites on my fingers. and i really hate mosquito bites on my toes. OUCH!
Post a Comment