Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chunky Monkey

No, that is not in fact my favorite ice cream flavor (mint chocolate chip is, fyi).

It is one of the many nicknames for our Ella Mae pup, because, generally speaking, we're certain she's part monkey.

It's also quite possibly, my new moniker.

"Hey, SP, how's the whole back on the weight loss bandwagon thing going?"

"Oh, it's going just fabulously dahhhling, in fact, I managed to gain 1.6 pounds this week. Isn't that fantastic?"

Shoot.Me.Now.

I have no idea. No idea whatsoever. I ran on Saturday, and Monday(which is big for me cause y'all know I've been gimptastic since July), plus 30 minutes of weights. I watched what I ate obsessively--this was the most controlled I've been in weeks. And I gained weight.

I got nothing. No answers. Nothin'.

But, I promised to hold myself accountable, and tell y'all the truth, and there it is. As embarrassing as it is...

So, Week 1: Not so good. Bleh.

Here's hoping Week 2 is better!

11 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

throw the scale out for a while woman! haha. it could be water! i find that if I weigh myself everyday for several days, it can be pounds different. Keep doin' what your doin' and it'll get better! (that's what I'm telling myself too=)) I hope you have a great day!

Dollface said...

Listen dolly.. I think you should stop focusing on the weight gain every week.. it will make u batty!!! I stopped doing that and just ate right and enjoyed... I promise everything will even out... xxxxooo email me if u need me!!!

Heather said...

This happens to me sometimes too. I just cannot understand it!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

One day at a time, my friend. In the end, only good things can happen to one wise enough to love mint chocolate chip (the best) ice cream.

PS - I will get that email to you early tonight!

lw said...

Hang in there! I'm having the same problems with WW. I've just recommitted (I'm on week 2 just like you)and have managed to gain 4 lbs in one week. How is that even possible? Whatever, I'm ignoring it and moving on with week 2. Stay positive! Here we go Weight Watchers weight loss!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

you can do it! :) I hate weighing myself and when I don't for a while, I usually end up shocking myself!

Becky said...

How's this for suckage?

I weigh 6 pounds LESS now than my first doctor's office weigh-in when I got pregnant. Yet somehow, I'm 2 sizes larger in pants. My belly will never be the same and I'm considering just becoming the next Mrs. Duggar and popping out a zillion kids cuz at least I'd have an excuse for this ridiculous stomach I am now sporting. Oh the rage one can have at one's body. How do other women have babies and wiggle into their size 2 jeans a day and a half later???

Rant, rant, rant. So I feel your pain SP!!!

Ashley said...

That is frustrating, I have been there too!!! Keep going though, you're doing awesome!

Please stop by my blog and enter some fun giveaways. I've got a really great one that's ending today for a kid's outfit valued at $113! I really need to get some more entries for it, so I'd really appreciate your help! And you have a good chance of winning too!!! :)

Oh, and I never received that gift basket that I won from your giveaway. Did you send it out?

Kaci said...

I'm sorry...losing weight is HARD!

Lucky in Love said...

I know that weight will come off. You're exercising and eating right. That's all you can do! I totally feel you. My first week I gained 1.5 lbs. Nice! Let's make this week better :)

TUWABVB said...

I love the nickname, but HATE the flavor. I'm a Mint Oreo girl myself! Or Chubby Hubby - but if I utter THAT nickname in my house I'd be in trouble. :)