There is a fabulous blogger, Bobbie at N Her Shoes, and she just exudes joy. I absolutely love reading her blog because her smile and her attitude is positively infectious.
Taking a note from her, I want to exude joy in my life. I want to inspire. I want to be joyful. Of course, life isn't always roses and buttercups, but that's the whole point isn't it? Just because life isn't all rosy all the time, doesn't mean we can't put on a happy face.
So, it's day 1 of Operation Joyful Life--my journey to remember the joy in everyday life.
Today, I'm joyful because...
- I woke up extra early to run with a work colleague
- I managed 9.4 relatively pain free miles
- I had that fabulous 'free' feeling that running gives me
- Two smiley puppies and one lazy kitty
- I have sparkling clean house (that um, I cleaned of course)
- I'm wearing a fabulous new shirt
- My TV has On Demand--which means, it's all Burn Notice, all day
I know that we all have things that should bring us joy, but, sometimes, we forget. Let's all remember to smile.
What are you joyful for? Your pets? A fabulous new outfit? Long weekends? A great book?
Let's spread the joy, y'all!


5 comments:
I'll have to check out her blog- I love finding happy joyful people! :) And I love this post. I can understand being in a funk, they're not fun. And you're right, finding and remember the little everyday things that make you happy can help pull you out of the funk- so thanks for the reminder.
Today carpet with fresh vacum lines brought me joy!
Dude, that list makes it sound like a good day to me! (9.4 "relatively pain-free miles" - yeah right! I could never....and I'm not having any health issues either! So don't forget how awesome your running is, even though it's become 'normal' for you!)
I'm thankful for being happy to come, happy to go - three weeks today left in CA! I'm enjoying the time left, and looking forward to the adventure of moving!
I am so impressed with your running even when you are not feeling tops! You rock! Unfortunately I'm not finding much joy in any outfit right now, haha, (soon, soon!) but I am so thankful for all my boys and that Hubby works from home 90% of the time, soo thankful! [I'll be giving the whole house a scrub down too before my Dad comes into town on Wednesday=)] I hope you're having a great weekend!
Fabulous work! I think you do a terrific job of not being funk-de-fied here; you don't dismiss the negative, but nor do you dwell on it. That being said, I totally understand wanting to appreciate the joyful things in life.
Today I'm feeling happy for a long weekend with my husband, the snoring Pug tucked under my left arm, and the cat, who is out sunning herself. Such a nice day.
I love it! I will try to be more joyful too. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment