Thursday, September 3, 2009

On the wagon...ish

Y'all. Y'all.

It's been a rough couple of weeks (months?) around here. Between a bum leg (damnit!) and spending literally all of August sick (and no, I'm not pregnant--I swear, if I get asked that again, it's on), it's been a rough go for SP. The weight gain doesn't help matters.

I know that I need to take care of me, and focus on getting healthy again (bum leg not excluded). I've had to scale back my running (um, we're looking at two weeks of no running--bite me), and the biggest problem with my "illness" or whatever the heck it is is that I have the most random and awful cravings--i.e., a fabulous spinach salad makes me want to hurl. Ummm, the other day, if I didn't have french fries (when was the last time I have eaten these?), I was going to eat my arm instead. So, I eat crap because that's really all I can keep down.

That said, the lbs are packin' back on my hips. Awesome.

Thanks to the inspiration of the lovely Erin at BlueEyedBride, I'm hoppin' back on the wagon. I realize this might be tough because my tummy is actin' up, and I'm not logging my 30+ miles/week, but, after seeing my tum tum in the mirror this AM, I'm all sorts of motivated.

I'll weigh in once a week a share my loss or gains with y'all. Holy yikes.

OK, that was a lot of rambling, but, point is, let's keep SP accountable.

Word to my skinny jeans: It's on.

7 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I have been the same way lately. It is frustrating.

Cake for Breakfast said...

Oh SP - I'm glad to hear someone else say the word accountable! I tell myself that it's not okay to be easy on myself and if I make a commitment to myself I need to follow through. I've packed on nearly 30 divorce pounds and having gained all this weight just makes the divorcing process even yuckier. I'll join your band wagon. I think you rock with all the running you have accomplished. You have inspired me.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

last night i had to tear myself away from the kitchen. gah-- i just love to eat!!! and watch football!

we'll help each other-- it's going to happen!!!

Lucky in Love said...

I'm definitely wishing you all sorts of luck! I started for realzees last week so hopefully we can all stay motivated together!

Glamorous Newlywed said...

Hang in there!!!! I won't run with you, but if you want a walking buddy once or twice a week I'm your girl :)

Dollface said...

Love the last line... its on!! love ya, xxxoo s

TUWABVB said...

I'm so sorry you've been going through so much, but I agree - it's on. I've reactivated my WW account and I'm joining a gym nearby in the next week. I need to get my health back as well - thanks for the inspiration!