So, today, I was having a bit of a pity party for myself (shocking, I know)--which is a little weird because I was on such a high yesterday after my freaking awesome finish (in which I cried) of the White Rock half yesterday (more on that later).
But, today, I just wasn't feelin' it. I am sick. Got sick Saturday night. Still sick right now. Was depressed about work (can I be a stay at home mom already, please?!?!?!). Was depressed about $$ (we are um, running low, and I'm pretty sure I just spent what we did have on XMas gifts for our family...One of which I did not receive a confirmation e-mail for which has spawned a crazy person the likes of which you've never seen).
So, I threw myself a little pity party and cried myself all the way to the mall.
Where I somehow ended up at my happy place (Anthropologie).
And somehow walked out of there with a new top and scarf (I'm the scarf lady, according to my boss). And, because it was only fair that I have a little luck, the entire purchase cost me nothing. Thanks to my Anthro bday coupon and a giftcard from the in laws.
Now, I can't wait for it to be next week so I can where this fun ensemble (don't think I can pull the look off in the office--boo!). Workday clothes are getting so monotonous.
Retail therapy. Works every time....Maybe this is why we're running low on funds....?
(for the record, I'm not trying to be a whiney, I actually found it odd that I was in such a fowl mood because usually a good run or race puts my grumpiness in check for a few days. And, as y'all know, sometimes I'm just Grinchy around the holidays...Y'all know I just tell it like it is. Pity parties and all.)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I totally hear ya on the low moolah and crummy mood thing. Especially during the holidays. Hang in there Ally! And congrats on having a great race in TX!
a little anthro makes EVERYTHING better. love.
Love retail therapy. LOVE IT. Works every time.
Retial therapy always works for me too. Feel better! :)
Bad days can hit when you least expect. I love retail therapy. It is pretty much the cure for anything.
"(can I be a stay at home mom already, please?!?!?!)"
Yes. Yes, you can. Just tell you boss I said so.
Yay for free Anthro stuff! (I heart the look of Anthro, but can't bring myself to shop there because of what I've heard about their yucky business practices)
Anywhoo, glad the retail therapy helped love :)
A new scarf has magical powers! And Anthro. I could get sucked in there for hours!
Retail therapy that doesn't cost you anything out of pocket doesn't county as retail therapy - it's just therapy. :)
I'm sorry you are feeling down - I know what you're going through and I wish I could say something to cheer you up. I think we just need to hav high hopes for 2010.
Post a Comment