Omg, I loved those books. My dad still has all of them and when I have kids, you can bet that will be the first thing I request from the ol' storage unit. My sister didn't like them, but, she also wasn't/isn't as into books as I am. She's more a iPod, Wii, DS kid. Damn technology. I have dreams of raising little Amish esque children sans all that technology, but, I doubt that would happen.
OK, enough about my future children (I need to stop talking about kids, it just makes me more depressed that I don't have my own and that my favorite little one that I often pretend is mine is moving to Miami in a few short months) (thus, I will be moving to Miami in a few short months, obviously) (only not really).
I am suffering from a total case of the gimmes (a la Berenstain Bears). I need, I want, I must have now. From clothes, to jewelry, to heck, even marathons--it's like I think I'm made of money (which we all know is not the case at all). Mostly, my purchases have been legit needed items (new work clothes, etc) and I've been very good about keeping the gimmes away in terms of actual purchases. But I don't see that lasting for long.
Recent gimme obsession? Marathons. Races. Whatever. If it involves running, I need it. (like I need a hole in the head) I have nothing on the calendar post-OKC (which, right now, I might not even be running but please let's not discuss it because I will have a meltdown because much like money gimmes, OKC is the biggest gimme of all--I want, I need!) and my Visa is just itching for me to sign up for something. Anything. And yet since my future work schedule is up in the air, I'm having to put on the brakes and not do a damn thing. Which is frustrating for several reasons: I'm a planner and if I wait until the last minute, a race will cost a small fortune.
Major gimmes. Which I suspect is mostly because the decision making power is not in my hands, thus driving me batty.
Aside from the fact that I cannot actually sign up for anything beyond OKC, here is my list of running gimmes:
- Stonebridge Memorial 10k (May) (love this course--and it's a 10k so it's basically my recovery run since it's on a Monday)
- Run On! Too Hot to Handle 15k (July) (favorite race ever. must. run. this) (also, awesome swag)
- Missoula Marathon (July) (because my dad has a house near Missoula and hello, we know I love me a good destination marathon) (also, Operation Jack)
Disney Marathon & Goofy Challenge (January, 2011) (never too early to start planning, right?)
So dear friends, what are some of your gimmes?


8 comments:
My gimme?!?!? Hmmm gimme my boyfriend in the same state like yesterday.
oh I have a few gimme's right now...what tops the list right now are a pair of the Mizuno Wave Creation 11's. Hubby doesn't know yet, but I WILL have these.Soon.
I want Amish children, too! I fear that I will force my children to be nerds. Fave Bearnestein Bears- where they build badass clubhouses "No Girls Allowed" is the name?
My gimmes are always clothes and a big one irght now is a house. I keep spending the house money on clothes! Arrrggh.
Im suffering from gimme clothes... and Berenstein bears the messy room is one of my favorites... love ya A! xxxoo
I definitely have the gimmes...about others babies, clothes, homes. It can be depressing at times. I have to think about other things to keep from getting too down in the dumps from all my blessings.
I always lust after races too! Although, we signed up for Disney last year (The half) and ended up not being able to afford the trip... so despite the fact that Goofy sells out a few months before, be careful before you sign up! Hee hee :)
I totally remember that Berenstain bears book! And lately, I've been having a serious case of the gimmes as well. Gimme cupcakes, gimme races, gimme running accessories and fuel, gimme happy hour, gimme running shoes...
Where to start?
1) the whole Williams-Sonoma spring catalog. Grade A Kitchen LUST.
2) a full-time housekeeper.
3) something -- ANYthing -- Louis Vuitton.
4) a job for Marty in Indy and a great little cottage in which we'll raise our children and grow old together.
5) the physical fitness to run like YOU.
I could go on. It would be pathetic, so I won't. :)
Post a Comment