Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Damn this spring forward nonsense

Now I realize the time change was a few weeks ago--I'm aware. But, it doesn't change the fact that I loathe running in the dark. And yes, it's still dark when I'm running. Albeit, the sun is starting to come up, but, it's not August so I'm not running with the sunrise. Gah.

Anyways, in the fall and winter, I run with a nerdy headlamp. I haven't busted that baby out again because goshdarnit it's spring and I won't be subjected to fall and winter technology. It's not pitch black out, so, it's OK. And I wear my little blinky light of course.

Today, running with the headlamp would have been a good idea.

Ya know how I know?

Because I have a bruised hip and two scraped up and bloody hands to show for it.

Yep, my friends, I totally ate it on a rough patch on a sidewalk (Sam, I run on the sidewalk!) and went head over heels into a crumbled mess into someone's lawn! It was gorgeous, I'm sure.

Ick. And I still had a 1/4 mile to finish up!

But! But! Because I'm awesome, I sucked it up and finished up. Sore hip and all.

My hands still hurt. But, I'm totally hardcore.

(also, I didn't turn my living room lights on right away and managed to step on my cat when I got home from my run. Obviously, today is off to a great start. But I have lunch with my favorite work ladies so that makes it all better)

How's your day going?

11 comments:

Dollface said...

My day is sooooo rainy!! miss u, xxxoo

La Poetic Seamstress said...

A little light might not be a bad idea! I mean. with all the dangerous scenarios you've been in today, something to consider!
;-)

http://lapoeticseamstress.blogspot.com

Sam Felsenfeld said...

Have a nice trip? See you next fall!

Falls happen ... I've probably tripped 6-8 times while running. It can happen in broad daylight, too. Just don't look at your knees or hands when you fall, because if you see blood, you'll mentally tank the rest of your run. Check for damage when you're done!

Bummer that you fell, but it happens. You'll get better soon enough. I didn't fall on my run this morning, so I guess so far, my day is going better than yours. :P

d.a.r. said...

Oh ouchie!!!!

And I am sorry...but I damn nearly died laughing at the piece de resistance of your morning--that you stepped on your poor cat, too!

Aww, hope the day gets better!

Sierra said...

I don't like running in the dark either, but isn't it beautiful watching the sun rise? I've been motivating myself this way. You can do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh man, I'm sorry you wiped out, but on the positive side: 1. it made for a hilarious story and 2. blood when running = hardcore runner points. you're a champ!

Lindsey said...

Ouch! You poor thing!

That Pink Girl said...

Ow ow ow! I feel recently and I had my headlamp ON - only helped me see the ground swooshing at me. Glad you are just a little banged up. Stinks to fall no matter what!

Kaci said...

Oh no!! Ouch!! You so rock that you finished...I woulda cried and banged on the door and used the phone to have hubs pick me up. LOL!

Sara McCarty said...

Oh no. Sorry to hear about your bad start. Hope the day got much much better. I have definitely taken some nasty falls on runs. NOT fun. And it doesn't even need to be dark for me to do it!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh man, Ouch! I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I tend to incur injuries like that just walking around my house and bumping into things. Gosh, I hate the morning dark, too.