Eeeek! I'm so excited I could die (but, I won't). This marathon has been my "goal" since last summer. Last summer when I hadn't even completed marathon numero uno, last summer when Danica blogged about Operation Jack. It's finally here.I can't believe it!
It's going to be a butt kicking, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to walk on Sunday, but, helllloooo, I get to run a marathon on Catalina Island! How awesome is that?!?
And, I'm running for Operation Jack, which as you know is so important to me. The inspiration from Sam and what he's doing has kept me going and I couldn't have gotten through my first marathon (and second!) without all his encouragement and advice. True, I'm going to run a few more for Operation Jack this year, but, this is the big one.
Thank you to all of you who donated (and to those who didn't, DO IT NOW) (seriously, donate! Go without your latte for the day, it won't kill you) (promise) (and, you'll feel so good about it!).
I hope that I can truly make a difference in Sam's goals this year for Operation Jack and Catalina is a great start.
I'm scared, I'm nervous, but, I get to run a marathon here:
(photo from here)Eek!
California sunshine, here I come!
PS. Donate!


11 comments:
Looking forward to meeting you ... hope you're not too disappointed. I'm just a normal guy with bad jokes and awesome hair.
Looks beautiful. Good luck girl!
1. Sam is awesome and I seriously wished I had, had more time to just nerd out about running with him. Thankfully I have his email and use it regularly. :)
2. I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to do great my dear!
3. Donating now and I've also pointed a few people in your direction. Spreading the love and the message! GO OPERATION JACK!!!
How beautiful is that!?! Take pictures!!
It's going to be so awesome for you- you're going to kick those hills' butts!
It looks beautiful! and how fun you are running there.. good luck girlie... xxooo
OMG I am so so so so so so excited for you!!!
And you inspired me...I may or may not have signed up for another half...and may or may not be contemplating yet another one!
How exciting!!
So excited for you!!! Have a great race and enjoy that view! (and the opportunity to take an "ice bath" in the ocean afterwards )
Good luck! I just found out about Operation Jack and I love what Sam is doing, he is awesome and so are you : )
congratulations girl!! what an amazing venue and accomplishment!! you rock!
Post a Comment