OK, OK, so, I've been keeping a secret from y'all (no, not pregnant!) (and if my doctor asks me that one more time I will scream) (although my husband thought it would be rather ironic if I did get pregnant while training for a marathon. Guess what? Three down and still no babies!) (ok, enough talk about my unborn children. For now) (babies!)
OK--the big secret (and some of you already know--that's because I can't keep a secret, obviously).
Running has officially taken over my life.
No big surprise, huh? Well, it really, really has! In a few short weeks I will be starting a new job in which I get to jibber jabber about running all the live long day. If that's not perfection in job form, then I don't know what is (false, I do know what is: getting paid to watch The Office, blog and eat cookies all day long) (I'd weigh 10,00 lbs but who cares? I'd be happy as a little clam).
With my husband's employment situation (or lack thereof) it is rather ironic that I found a job whilst he and sis in law are still at home eating BonBons on a daily basis (kidding of course) (or am I? You never can tell with those two). But, nonetheless, having a happy me makes the hours I am home that much better and I probably won't try to attack the sis in law when she bakes banana bread anymore (because angry little me ate all the banana bread and gained 10 lbs, this was obviously my darling sis's fault) (only it was mine).
I'm still the breadwinner of the casa (for now) and pleased as punch about this new opportunity.
Thanks to those of you who kept me in your thoughts throughout this process, I truly appreciate it.
Now, just so you all know, my primary goal from here on out (besides getting everyone to move to Dallas) is to get y'all to sign up for our races. D-A-R already did (because she's awesome)--you should too! (I'm looking at you Sara...Chicago Half.....)
And if my life wasn't hectic enough, tomorrow I'm off to Atlanta for the ING Georgia Marathon. For work. Not running it. Cannot even think of running right now.
But I really want to. My legs are itchin' to move. Until they do and then I'm reminded that I ran 26.2 miles of hills the other day. Shocking.
Ahh how I want to run! OKC is so, so close!
Happy running, friends!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
YAY!! Congratulations!!
Aww thanks for the shout out :) I am so excited, and reading about your running makes me even more excited!!
Just a few more weeks until we get to meet up! :)
Congrats!
Dang, I didn't realize you were on the new job that soon! Have fun in Georgia, say hi to my mom!
congrats on the new job!
Congratulations on your new job. That sounds great. What all will you be doing?
Congratulations on the new job!
Congrats on the new J-O-B. Awesome to hear that news! And yes, I know I know I know I need to sign up for a race. I know. I know! Why can I not just do it...I'm going to get there. Soon. Promise. Soon.
Your writing is always so cute, and a pleasure to read! Congrats on the sweet job! Yay Running!
yay!! congrulations!! that is so exciting!
Oh my stars, you little secret-keeper! I'm so happy for you! We so very rarely get to do what we want and get paid for it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I love reading your blog because I am a running but don't run nearly as many miles as you do! You certainly stretch me to strive for greatness - thank you!! Great work!
Congratulations!!! So exciting! (and yeah, everyone should totes move to Dallas)
Can't wait to hear all about your new job!
That's amazing news! Congratulations!
reading about your running makes me even more excited!!
home jobs without registration
Post a Comment