Monday, March 29, 2010

Musings & Monday

It's been forever since we've done one of these, hasn't it? Well then!

1. I was supposed to run 20 miles on Saturday, but, that didn't happen. It didn't even come close to happening.

2. I decided to run 18 with the group, but, that didn't happen either.

3. I was just too tired, too stressed, too sore--too everything and around mile 10 I found myself struggling to keep up and actually walking. My hip started acting up and I knew I couldn't plow through another 8 miles with a gimpy hip and decided to call it a day at 12. Which involved waking my husband up for a ride home. He was less than thrilled.

4. I have vowed to never do that again. It was embarrassing and I still feel like a loser.

5. It's ridiculous how much emphasis I put on my running--you'd think I was like an Olympic hopeful or something with the amount of pressure I put on it. Not healthy!

6. My wonderful pace leader is doing the Goofy Challenge next year. This pretty much means I'm 95% on board as well. I just hope her crazy ass doesn't have any warped ideas of reality that invole White Rock three weeks before. And she thinks I'm crazy.

7. I spent approximately $70 on Easter candy today. And that's for three grown adults. I'm not hosting an Easter Egg Hunt this year. And yet, I still shop like I am. Helloooo an extra 10 pounds! (I'm going for a record in how much weight I can gain in a year and not be pregnant--in fact, I know I've got about 5 lbs on my pregnant friends...sigh...)

8. I have a terrible migraine and I can't even see straight, so, please, ignore the typos.

9. We had a family outing to the zoo on Saturday (yes, I'm 12). It.was.so.fun! I love the zoo! I'm a total nerd and had the best time. I basically want to take home every animal and I'm sure the husband and the sis were about to smack me for the often repeated "awhh, hims so cute!" (yes, I talk like a child at the zoo).

10. Also really fun to do at the zoo? People watching. I kept myself wildly entertained for a good half an hour when the two siblings took off into the reptile world (hell no am I going into anything that houses reptiles--I shudder at the thought!). The zoo is a really great reminder that it does in fact take all types to make the world go 'round.

11. But, seriously, how much fun is the zoo??

12. I'm so sick of being a fat runner, I mean really (ok, not fat, but, not skinny!). Everyone else in my running group has lost weight, but me, nope, I've gained it. And I was faster, fitter and happier a year ago and it freaking kills me because I would sell my damn soul for the legs I had a year ago.

13. My hero, Isla Fisher got married last week and I did not receive an invite to the wedding, obviously, I'm very hurt by this. Isla, I thought we were BFFs. What's goin' on here?

14. I cannot stop eating trail mix. It's a sickness, really.

15. It's weird that people are coming in and interviewing for my job and I'm right here!! So weird, I can't even tell you.

16. I'm really going to miss my interns. And I really worry about who's hands I'm leaving them in! Will it be someone who will talk with them and be their friend? Or some boring person? Obviously, I am very exciting and leave a lot to live up to. Obviously.

17. What should I get my husband for his Easter basket? I'm totally at a loss for ideas. Help!

18. Yes, I still do Easter baskets.

19. I bet if I stopped eating trail mix I could lose some weight. I'm a genius, I know.

20. I get to see my childhood BFF in Boston in a few weeks!! I haven't seen her in like 3 years and I'm so insanely excited about seeing her that I could cry. We were attached at the hip for years and then she had to be a weiney and move to another school our senior year and then she up and lived in Italy and then moved to Boston. Sheesh. But, I'm so excited. Eeek!! (that's me shrieking). Also, I get to hang out with another fabulous redhead. Eeek! (shrieking again) And, I'll get to watch a teensy bit of the marathon. Eeek! (cannot.stop!) Y'all. Y'all! Boston!

21. Have I mentioned Boston?

22. Oooh, and Nashville. Anyone in Nashville? I'll be there for the Country Music Marathon too.

23. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Better stock up on the DC!

Well friends, I've got a busy and hectic week, but, hey, at least it's a 4 day week! Yay for long weekends!

What are your Easter plans??

13 comments:

Sam Felsenfeld said...

Wait, you're going to be in Nashville? When are you going to OKC? You're just totally stalking me this month.

photography by suzanne said...

What! A new job? Where?I hope your legs are doing a better. They are cute legs BTW,just right.

Happy Easter! Save me some of that candy!

Melanie said...

I'm in Nashville!!!! I'm going to be the 2:15 pacer for the 1/2 that day, but I've run the full a couple of times. Feel free to email me at melanie0513 {at} gmail {dot} if you want to discuss.

Sarah said...

Wait...you are going to be in Boston...my BFF is running the Boston Marathon so I will be out there for a week...when will you be there? We will be there the 15th-21st. And remember, weight is just a stupid number. I am sure you look great and you are in great shape...not many people can say they just did a couple Marathons in the last few months...lol.

Sarah B. said...

I don't know why it didn't post who I was ....but it is me now...lol.

d.a.r. said...

Ya win some, ya lose some. You aren't always going to have amazing runs and you have definitely been laying on the mileage the last few months. Give yourself a break every now and then lady!! :) You sound like me...your own worst enemy!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Have fun on your upcoming trips!

CAC muffin said...

I love that you are having an easter egg hunt and still make easter baskets!!!! I will be spending Easter in Nashville- saddly for work not fun :(

Samma said...

Oh, I live in Knoxville (right east of Nashville- well, 2.5 hour east), but I can't go to the marathon. I have a lot of friends running it though. You will have a great time!

I am going to NC this weekend for Easter with the in-laws. Little nervous, because Christmas I was the only one without a sticking hung. I think I will bring my own Easter basket.

Dollface said...

First of all you are not a fat runner by any means. Second of all, I love my interns too!! Its so sad to see them go... Im actually really close with one from last summer who is invited to my wedding!! and third of all, miss u, xxxoo

Betsy said...

I love this post. It made me go "aww" and "yeah me too" and "wtf" all at the same time.


Yay for coming to Boston. I love the marathon, it's so exciting to watch!!!

Becky said...

I know, what is UP with BFFs these days? Sarah Jessica went and had two baby girls via a surrogate and a) didn't ask me to do it, and b) didn't invite me to a shower or to her house to hold the young'uns. What is UP???

Sara McCarty said...

I love love love this post. And I think we should go to the zoo together when you come visit me. St. Louis has a great zoo! With a train! The penguins are my fav.