Monday, March 22, 2010

Things we should discuss

Nothing like just jumping in there headfirst on a very Diet Coke-y Monday (yes, I've had 1.5 and I don't see that remaining .5 lasting long--I am so exhausted it's not.even.funny).

1. Yogurt covered raisins in actual yogurt is not tasty--it will seem good in theory, but, you will be wrong. And y'all know my love of yogurt covered raisins--how could this go wrong?? Alas, it did. Bleh.

2. The fact that I still carry around Hanna Banana's dog tags in my wallet like some weird dog person. I still miss that bundle of fur so much. It breaks my heart that it's been over a year since she died. But that damn Ella Mae sure does fill the hole in my heart.

3. Did I mention I'm now an official Marathon Maniac? Yep, I'm all sorts of crazy up in here (Lordy, I need to pound that DC quick). Whoot.

4. I am sooooo not ready for my 18 miler this weekend. Nope, not at all. A week off and I'm dead--let's hope I can get in gear in time for OKC. I really want to PR (again!) but, don't see that happening. It would be honestly heartbreaking if I came in at a later time than at The Cowtown, but, with all the traveling I have coming up before then, I realize it may be a real possibility. SUCKY.

5. I will rock 18 miles this weekend. I will. Damn it. Time to get my running game back on.

6. Y'all, never be rude to race officials, OK? As someone who was probably the most hated person in Atlanta for a good three hours yesterday, take it from me--there's usually honestly nothing they can do about the situation. Deep breaths, and just deal with it. ("No sir, I cannot let you cross the street here--there are too many runners." "I understand that this is frustrating ma'am, but, you'll just have to exit that way ::points:: and walk around the park" "There are six lanes of runners--I cannot let you cross"). Ugh. I hated having to turn people away, but, that was my job and yes, sometimes we don't get the logistical planning perfect and yes it's frustrating, but, please know, we're frustrated too--we aren't trying to be mean or make things difficult. Honest. And the guy who snuck across my barricade and almost caused a runner pile up? Exactly.

7. Expos are exhausting. I'm exhausted. Just.want.to.sleep.

8. I'm officially a grown up. Know how I know? I finally got my own American Airlines Advantage number. I know right, I'm super late to the party on that one. (in my defense, I haven't flown American in ages since they don't fly into my hometown any longer, but, my work uses them pretty much exclusively, so, ya know)

9. I have an unhealthy obsession with my tee shirt and sweater combo. I will pretty much go out of my way to wear a cardigan. This way, I can get away with wearing a tee shirt to the office. Also, it keeps me warm. Does this make me old? It's almost as bad as my wintertime scarf obsession. I might need a fashion intervention.

10. I changed the background on my phone to a picture I took around mile 19 in Catalina. I still can't believe that I did that. The picture makes me proud of myself--who'd ever think I'd be proud of me???

11. I'm seriously considering the Goofy Challenge at Disney next January (half marathon Saturday, full on Sunday). I know that a lot of the Disney course is boring, but, I think it would be a fun family vacation. This kind of throws a wrench in my life because Miami is the end of January and Disney is the beginning, but, we've already proven that I'm crazy, so, what's a little extra crazy? Exactly.

12. Running is the only thing I feel like I can "do"--and I'm not even good at it. Weird.

13. I've realized I'm never going to be skinny--skinny like I was at this time last year. Nope, I'm about 12 lbs away from that. It makes me sad.

14. I wanted to plan a big ol' Easter dinner with our friends and do an Easter Egg hunt again, but, I'm just too spent to think about that. This makes me sad as well--I love nothing more than a good old fashioned Easter Egg hunt. But, I guess a nice meal with my family would be nice too.

15. I'm already looking forward to the fabulous lemon cake I make every Easter. Drool. (exhibit A of why I'll never be skinny)

Well folks, that's all for now! I gotta pound that last .5 Diet Coke and get busy--after all, I do have a 4 mile run to get in at some point today.

9 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

"The picture makes me proud of myself" <- You should be!

I LOVE that! Remind yourself of that as often as possible please.

xoxo

Dollface said...

Just remember to breathe.... and that we all love you... xxxoo

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Your goign to rock 18 miles!

That Pink Girl said...

Congratulations on your Marathon Maniac status - way ho go! You SHOULD be proud of yourself!!!

Also, head to the Gap girl. Cardigans are on sale now!

I have 18 miles this weekend too. Fingers crossed it doesn't SNOW again!

d.a.r. said...

"12. Running is the only thing I feel like I can "do"--and I'm not even good at it. Weird."

Yes, you are. You really are good, dear.

Brittany Ann said...

Um, I beg to differ, you are definitely a good runner.

Becky said...

Lemon cake recipe. NOW.

Hello! You can't mention such a drool-y thing and not share the recipe! That's cruel!!!

I expect it to appear in the next post. Post-haste.

Smooches! :)

kanishk said...

LOVE that! Remind yourself of that as often as possible please.
home jobs without registration

Sam Felsenfeld said...

I'm catching up ... first of all, you can't talk about being a Maniac and then move straight into dreading an 18-miler! NOT ALLOWED!

Also, since you're a Maniac, skip Disney and do a double instead! (Just trying to contribute to the delinquency of a minor.)