Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guess where I'm going today???

If you guessed "Boston" you'd be right. If you guessed "crazy" you'd also be right, but, that's neither here nor there. At least right now.

I'm off to Beantown to see my childhood best friend (and probably tackle her when I see her--it's been FAR too long); blab about running all.damn.day (for three days! yippee! ugh, DC consumption will go waaaay up) and basically get caught up in the spirit of the Boston Marathon. Even though I won't be to see any of it ::major pouty sad panda face::.

And guess what I'm going to do Tuesday morning when I get home?

If you guessed speedwork (vom) you'd be correct.

Because ladies and gents, even though it will take a small (er, large) miracle to ever get me to the start at Hopkinton, I have hope that someday, someday just maybe, maybe, maybe I might get to run Boston.

Albeit, I might be like 60 by the time I can qualify, but, hey, I never said I was going to qualify tomorrow. (cause I totally think that by 60 I could do it--that gives me plenty of time)

I'm feeling oddly confident in myself and think that at some point (in like 500 years--yes, I am living forever, thank you for asking) I might just get the chance to tow that 26.2 mile line. (obviously I live in some sort of fantasy world in which I am way faster than I really am, but, hey, that's OK)

But hopefully it's sooner than that cause how cool would it be if childhood bestie still lived there and then I could be all awesome pants and also be all awesome hanging out with BFF in Boston?! Sadly, I think she graduates in May, which means boo hoo this is my last chance to see her before she moves back to boring ol' California. Sigh....

Well kiddos, I'm off to Boston. And more excited about getting on a damn airplane than I've been in years.

Eeek!

Oh, PS. I'm running a marathon next week and have run approximately once this week. Yay for ITB issues--again. No PR for me next week, sad...

8 comments:

Dollface said...

Ok so after Boston, run to new York, I will be waiting :) xxxooo

Kerrie said...

Good luck next week and have fun in Boston!

Brittany Ann said...

Have so, so much fun!

Jen Feeny said...

I'm SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I finally get to meet you!!! Commence Redhead Takeover of Beantown!!!

Christy Ashley said...

Can't WAIT!!!

Lucky in Love said...

Hope you have so much fun!!!

Sara McCarty said...

Hope you're having a blast in Boston! Say hi to all the runners for me. Oh, wouldn't it be amazing to be running that race? I know you can do it one of these days!

Christy Ashley said...

It was so good to meet you yesterday! And I'm so glad I got to sign up for the 13.1! I hope we can get together this weekend in Texas!!