Friday, April 23, 2010

Enough is enough

Yes it's Friday afternoon and no one will read this until next week, and the race I'm about to blab about will be over, but, whatever, I'm stuck at work and want to be at home, so, a blog post you'll get!

So, the OKC Marathon is this weekend. My DRC pals are running it, Sam is running it, and a former co-worker of mine is running it. It's obviously the place to be (and I have some weird fascination with Oklahoma I guess).

I'm excited to be running a race with my DRC'ers since I've run exactly 0 with them ever, so, this is supah (read that like a Boston accent, k?) cool and exciting, but, I really don't feel like I'm running a marathon this weekend.

Remember how geeked out and nerdy I was about Tulsa? Maybe it's anticlimactic because I just spectated Boston?

Moving on.

I'm not psyched. It's actually going to be a royal pain to get there tomorrow night and I've been all debbie downer about it all freakin' week.

This has got to stop. Enough is enough!

I've run 3 marathons. All of them were awesome in their own right. This one will be too.

Was Tulsa hard? Yes! Was it my first? Yes! That makes it awesome.

Was Cowtown hard? Yes! Did I hit my goal? No! Did I run strong? Yes! That makes it awesome.

Was Catalina a full on ass whooping? Heck yes! Did I love every damn second of it? Yes! It was freakin' awesome.

Will OKC be hard? Yeppers. Will I want to stop? You betcha. Will I stop? Oh hell no. Will it be awesome? Heck yes.

I get so caught up in my emotions about races and get down on myself. Yes, this isn't optimal training in that the last few weeks have been crazy and my long runs haven't really existed, but, this is when you rely on your training, you rely on your body--it knows what it's doing. And hopefully, mine will know what it's doing enough to PR. If not, I'll be sad, but, I'm running for Operation Jack and that's what matters!

I'm gonna rock OKC. Heck yes I am.

Also? Next week, when I'm not training, I'm totally going on some sort of cleanse/detox/starvation diet. Y'all I gained waaaay too much weight with this crazy job switching stress, going to Boston nonsense. Y'all, it's baaaaad (I say that a lot, but, this time, it's really, really bad. I'm borderline needing new clothes!).

Any advice to keep my hands out of the cookie jar are most appreciated. I'm about .5 lbs from signing up for WW again. I just love food too much! I even considered going raw to lose the weight, but, helllloooo, I'd die.

Now, I'm off to carb load (irony, yes? Is this why I'm fat? And for someone my height, I really am!) and kick some 26.2 miles of asphalt baby!

14 comments:

Aron said...

YES YOU ARE going to rock it! have funnnnn, get excited and enjoy it girlie!

Sarah B. said...

First of all you are not fat...as my sister said "Oh, she is the cutest little thing, isn't she?"...I swear, after we talked to you my sister's exact words! And most importantly you will do awesome this weekend because you are a "Supah Stah"...my husband and I have totally been goofy with Boston accents after last week...lol. Good Luck!

photography by suzanne said...

Good luck with your race Ally!

d.a.r. said...

Woman!!! Get your butt up here and let's run!!! You are going to rock. And seriously??? How amazing is it that this will be #4? Not many people can say that.

Gooooood luck!!!

Lucky in Love said...

You are going to do fantastic!! I can't wait to hear about it!

AND YOU ARE SO NOT FAT!! You are the most beautiful little red head I have ever seen :)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who can run three marathons is NOT fat! I saw the pic of you with Morgan over at Redhead. I think we must be around the same height/size. I'm 5'1'' :)

As for cookie jar advice, make your own cookies. You will burn calories making them. I make mine with whole wheat flour, olive oil spread and raw turbindo sugar. That way they are "healthier" cookies. ;)

chloƫ. said...

Good luck! Four marathons is awesome!!! I'd love to read a post on your training schedule for more than one marathon a year...I'm definitely not there yet!

That Pink Girl said...

You are totes going to kick some major marathon booty this weekend in OKC! Good luck and have a great race!

Jen Feeny said...

1. BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE!!! If you don't go in there with a winning attitude you aren't going to come out smiling. You have a strong base and are a strong runner, believe in yourself.

Moving on...

2. You are not fat. I met ya, I know this with absolute certainty. Don't make me come beat you!!!

Finally...

Go run the hell outta OKC!

Brittany Ann said...

YOU WILL ROCK IT! Go girl!

Samma said...

You know- WW has worked for me in the past, but I feel like it makes me so obsessed with food. However, I do love 2-3 day cleanses because I feel like it "resets" my eating habits if I have been indulging or drinking too much. Here's a good one to try- http://www.ardensgarden.com/cleansing.html

But girl, I think you look awesome! However, I am the queen on focusing in on something that I want to change about myself, so I know the feeling. Just don't stress yourself about it- it's always when I stop beating myself up that the weight drops off.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the OKC! You're pretty much a champion :) As for the whole 'weight' (uggh) thing, I feel ya. I was totally there last summer (perfect for swimsuits, right? wrong.) Anyways, my sister does this amazing 10 day "master cleanse"/lemonade diet (yes, it does sound insanely difficult) but she LOVES it and swears by it to lose 10-15 lbs. And then she raves about how good she feels. I found a few links, if you want to check it out:
http://themastercleanse.org/the-lemonade-diet/
http://www.ehow.com/how_4873092_master-cleanse-day-detox.html

Good luck and let me know if you try it out! I'm thinking about trying it after the Cleveland marathon in a few weeks!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Ack, I am so very behind on your blog! My apologies.

I'm no help in the carb department nowadays, but if you need someone to ship you some supportive York Peppermint Patties (low-fat!), I'm your girl.

Fingers crossed that OKC went wonderfully!

Kaci said...

I hope you did well...I think I read that you did but can't remember. LOL! XOXO love to you!