Friday, April 9, 2010

Frivolous Friday

Nothing really though provoking going on here today--other than the fact that I'm pretty sure time is standing still. Yep, it is. Not 3 minutes have passed since I last looked at the clock. Maybe it's getting up at 4:50 AM to run? Probably (7.5 miles today kids--also, a stupid way to taper for 13.1 on Sunday, but, we never claimed I was smart). It also doesn't help that half my team is out today, so, I'm just sending off e-mails and files to a boatload of out of office responses. Lucky bastards.

Moving on.

A few randoms for our Friday afternoon....

Why is it that Reese Witherspoon just gets cuter as she gets older? She's what 32 (?) and doesn't look a day over 23. Lucky brat. I'd really like to get a copy of her DNA or something to cash in on this reverse aging thing she's got going on.

Remember how months ago I had these awesome ideas of a tropical vacation for our anniversary this year? Yeah, not going to happen (I have a new job and thus zero vacation time and the husband is still unemployed). Which is sad because I bought several new swimsuits for the occasion. Even more ironic? I bought them in January. The day that it was like -15 degrees out. Back when I still lived in a delusional land in which I could fit into a bathing suit come June.

Because I puffy heart love, love, loved Catalina so much (totally wear my Catalina shirt to sleep on a regular basis) I really want to get into more trail runs and stuff. This is a problem because I live in Texas and our winters are wet and summers and death, so, our trail running season is like May and November. Not May through November, just those two months. Or, if they do exist in the summer, they start at midnight. I don't think I need to explain why I don't want to run an ultra that starts at midnight.

Anyways, enter, the Leadville Heavy Half. I have a strange obsession with all things Lance Armstrong (who rode the Leadville 100 last year) and all things Colorado. Combine the two and oh boy, I'm excited. However, the Leadville 100 is in August (and the same weekend of Pike's Peak and the bro in law's wedding) but, they have the half and the marathon in July. Obvious take a few days off and go to Colorado for our anniversary. Only the husband isn't having it. I guess it's not a very romantic vacation if I have to spend the majority of it limping around, right?

I currently have a major lust item: my very own LV bag. I don't own one, but, I feel that I desperately need one (even though I have a perfectly good bag right now). I managed to fight the urge in college (read: could not afford one) (not that I can really afford one now, but, that's not the point!) when I was surrounded by 10,000 sorority girls with their fancy bags, but, now, a few years later, I think that I need one. To prove I'm a grown up and all. Because who doesn't love soft buttery leather? That's what I thought.

The sis in law and I have a date night tonight since the husband is out of town. We tried to do that last weekend, but, I think we ended up watching TV shows he hates and then I was asleep by 9:30 because I had to run 20 terrible miles the next morning. Tonight we're going shopping and I have no plans of cooking dinner (I made us enchiladas last week). And am currently drooling over the thought of Cheesecake Factory bread.

Yum.

Seriously, time is standing still! Just want to go home.

My poor boxer boy had a weird scab thing pop this morning and now my house looks like a scene from CSI. I shoved a Band-Aid on his head which he was none to thrilled about. He doesn't seem to be in pain, it's just icky. (am fairly certain Ella Mae accidentally nicked him while playing)

I swear, you'd think those dang four leggeds were actual humans they way we treat them. I don't care, I love them and I don't have human kids right now anyway.

OK, that's all I've got for today. I have a lovely day of sleeping in tomorrow and then a race on Sunday. Sleeping in means pancakes!

Hope y'all have a happy weekend! (and eat some pancakes too!)

3 comments:

TexanCouture said...

Time is most certainly standing still here as well!! The boss is out of the office today which usually that makes the day fly by but it is crawling!
Get an LV bag you won't regret it! They are love and great quality so will last forever is how I justify it!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, I want an LV bag so badly it hurts. But, I have a carseat and a crib to buy, plus I have to help keep saving for a house. An LV bag just isn't fitting into the equation. :(
I also lust for Cheesecake Factory brown bread with butter. My mouth is watering right now!!!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Reese = 10% genes, 90% a good dermatologist. It's the white girl's secret after age 30. ;-)

I feel you on the bag envy. I can't justify the splurge right now either, but it's nice to dream.