Thursday, April 8, 2010

I ran 9.4 miles this morning

Just to prove how crazy I really am. (which, was there any doubt that I was loony?)

I also weighed myself. Big mistake.

Good thing I just signed up for a gym membership (first time I've paid for one in 6 years!) and have a free fitness consultation. Maybe my new "fitness consultant" can finally help me drop these damn 15 (yikes!!!!) pounds.

By June. Because I want to look pretty for our 5 year anniversary dinner (yep, no vacation for us this year. AGAIN. Bitter as hell).

Oh, and, I got in to work early. Early. How? How is that even possible? I'm still not sure.
(because it takes a long time for this slow poke to run 9.4 miles)

But, whatever. 9.4 miles!!! That's more than a 15k!

Heck.yes.

13 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

You rock girl :)

I hope those fitness consultants give you some tips. And could you pass them along?? I may have eaten leftover cream cheese icing for dinner.

Thanks.

Dollface said...

You do not need to lose weight!! Can I be your fitness consultant? :) xxxooo

Samma said...

You know what's weird- with weight training I went from a size 8-10 to 4-6 without losing a pound! The scale is so frustrating, yet if I don't weigh myself regularly 5 pounds keep trying to creep up. I think you look tiny and fabulous, but I understand wanting to shake things up some.

photography by suzanne said...

I wish I had your enery and desire. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I agree that the scale is a rip off. I thought I had lost a full pound for about a week... until I realized it was probably water I lost. UGH.

Keep up the running and writing. Luv ur blog!

La Poetic Seamstress said...

9.4 MILES!! And here I was excited to complete 1 MILE on the treadmill! Kudos to you! With drive like that you will make your goal in no time!

Sierra said...

Nice work girl! I am going to attempt this mileage this weekend, my half marathon is coming up. I too need to lose 15 lbs. Joining the gym is a great start. You can do it! :)

Lindsey said...

9 miles?! You totally rock!!

That Pink Girl said...

WTG on the 9.4 miles!
When I had my free eval at the gym the trainer was measuring my body fat (quel nightmare) with the calipers and when she got to my, ahem, gut, she looked up at me, smiled and said cheerily, "Did you just have a BABY?!?!"

Not only did I not JUST have a baby, I've NEVER had a baby.

I wanted to kick her.

JennyLee said...

You ROCK!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow you are awesome!! you tell those miles who's boss! i am so ready to drop my extra pounds! although eating like a crazy woman on vacation is not helping :)

Melissa said...

Nice work on the mileage! That is impressive!

I have absolutely no idea how much I weigh...totally freaks me out and makes me a slave to the scale. I try to just gauge how my pants feel, ha, ha

d.a.r. said...

Way to go!!!