I don't have time to give y'all my fantastic and overly wordy recap of my weekend in Boston, but, suffice to say it was a once in a lifetime experience. And one that I hope to repeat again, and again, and again.
I will go back to Boston every single year for Marathon Monday for as long as possible and at any expense. It was that neat.
And one day, one day, I will BQ. I will (::stomps feet for emphasis::).
If y'all have never spectated a big race, I highly suggest you do so (I got to spectate Georgia but that's nothin' compared to this!). It is an exhilarating experience even if you aren't a runner. I think. Maybe. Or is it just us running nerds who get teary when they see the lead truck drive by? Hm.
And, major shout out to Sam of Operation Jack fame who totally killed that 26.2 mile course yesterday and according to him, ran his best race. I'm so proud of him and so proud to be part of his amazing cause and crazy year of running. Sam, we all knew you could do it. You're a rock star runner, you just need to accept that.
Did I mention I'm running a marathon this weekend? Holy crap, it's time for OKC.
Ugh, I see speedwork in my future tonight. Ick.
Boston = love.
I'll be back soon with a whole lot more about Boston, don't you worry.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So cool that you got to watch Boston! And yes you will BQ! Me? Not so much. :) But when you do I'll go and cheer for you, ok? And then you can write a book about it. And all that jazz. So cool!
Ok Boston is much closer to me!! yipeee.... also, you are running so much!! you must be a lean, mean, power running machine :) xxxoo
Wow! So cool! Can't wait to hear more!
I'm NOT a rock star. But you WILL BQ! It's worth it, huh?
Love your blog!! I'm a runner too and can relate to a lot of what you write...but especially about the BQ thing. I too WILL qualify....one day.
loved loved LOVED cheering at boston!! so i tried to comment on Sam's blog but it wont go through... our marathon for him in maine will be october 2011, so we have quite a while to raise tons of money! (probably not $1B but who knows haha). such an awesome cause, and our team is ready to kick butt and make it happen! have you ever been to maine? :)
It was SOOOOOOOOOO great to meet you!!! :) xoxo
Post a Comment