Friday, August 27, 2010

I am crazy, but, not THAT crazy

Y'all, my husband and two of his buddies are riding 100 miles tomorrow. That's 100 miles. On a bike. In the heat. In Texas.

Yes, he's riding Hotter n' Hell 100. It's been his big dream for like 15 months, so, I'll let him have this.

I have no desire to do such things. Y'all know how I feel about bikes. I might run marathons, but, 100 miles is a heck of a lot longer than 26.2 miles, let me tell you.

Anyways.

They are leaving this afternoon, which gives me a whole 24 hours of secret single behavior.

Which I'm sure will include (but is not limited to): a 3-5 mile date with my new bff, my treadmill--who is still yet to be named; a spray tan (unlikely if I run); going to bed super early (we're talkin' like 8:15 kids); chick flicks (usually on the docket for a weekend alone? Under the Tuscan Sun); shopping for Baby R and a photoshoot with this super talented photographer (who also happens to be my real life Texas bff).

I am super proud of my husband and while it may seem like I win the award for worst wife ever, I can't take time off work to drive out there with them, and driving to the race tomorrow morning would mean leaving at 4:00AM. Um, no. Plus, none of the other wives are going, so, it's like a guy weekend thing. And I think he's secretly looking forward to me not being there. Ha!

So, feel free to come keep me company--we can make s'mores. Or, something.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I'm so thrilled that you guys a) love the chandeliers which will be mine someday (please ignore the fact that I don't think my house is big enough for one of them, let alone all three!) and are b) traumatized by the cat mural too. This? Is why we're friends. I love you guys!

Well my dears, happy weekend!

xoxoxo

6 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

You are baby R's favorite! I just told him/her how awesome you were and I could tell he/she was smiling :)

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Love you!

JennyLee said...

Enjoy your day as a quasi single woman! They are needed every once in a while. :)

misszippy said...

Doesn't make you a bad wife not to go! Enjoy your time alone...we all need that now and again.

Sara McCarty said...

I love secret single behavior weekends. I told my husband I was more than happy to stay home with the animals this weekend while he went fishing so I could lay around and watch TV, read magazines and drink wine. Love it! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Have a fabulous weekend! and good luck to your Hubby! I'd come hang out and eat and watch a chick flick with you if we lived closer!

Kaci said...

Oh I would so enjoy a weekend by myself!! ENJOY!!