Come, come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this journey may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell -
All is well! All is well!
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell-
All is well! All is well!
We'll find the place which God for us prepared,
Far away, in the West ,
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the saints, will be blessed.
We'll make the air, with music ring,
Shout praises to our God and King;
Above the rest these words we'll tell -
All is well! All is well!
And should we die before our journey's through,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, too;
With the just we shall dwell!
But if our lives are spared again
To see the Saints their rest obtain,
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell-
All is well! All is well!
That has always been one of my favorite hymns and the I always get teary when it's sung in church. We didn't sing it yesterday, but while I was not paying attention in Sunday school (shocking, I know), I was flipping through the hymn book and took a few moments to really read the lyrics.
Then the tears started.
If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that the last two years have been really hard on my family. We've had struggles that we never expected and yet somehow we've survived. This hymn really encompasses my feelings--things were hard--but, they could have been worse.
But now, a new chapter is opened: my husband starts his new job tomorrow. This has been a long time coming.
All is Well.
(ps. If you want to see the beautiful version that makes me cry like a little girl, click here)
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
I can see why it makes you tear up!
So happy to hear things are going well for you my friend, good luck to your hubby. :)
And this, is just one of the many reasons that I adore you. So happy you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. And SO thankful that you know that light is our Father. *hugs* and cupcakes to you!
LOVE this hymn! thanks for sharing!
good luck to your hubby!
Awhhhh...congrats to your hubs
Yay for the new job starting today!!! He will do great!
Glad I'm not the only one who tears up in church over sweet hymns...
What a beautiful hymn! Thanks for posting this. Sending hugs your way!
OMG I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! At long last and about time!!! Congrats to the hubs and I'm totally doing a happy dance for you right now!
You are beyond overdue for this kind of joy. Congratulations.
I love that. Thank you for sharing. One of my favorite verses is James 1:12 ~
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life God promises those who love Him.
I love the promise it gives to hold fast...help is on the way!
God is SOOO good!!!
So so so so happy for yall. Congrats to the hubby!
GIRL!!!! I'm BEYOND WORDS excited for you and your hubby!!!!! I love that hymn, it's beautiful, and I know how badly you and your hubby were hoping for his new job and all that. What a breath of fresh air after a hard 2 years :)
So happy for y'all! I know y'all have been waiting for this for a long time.
Post a Comment