So, yesterday I logged onto facebook to write a congratulatory message on my niece's wall (isn't that what the cool, fun aunts do?)--in case you didn't know, my niece has been accepted into The Rockette's Intensive Summer Program. That's right, my little goob is going to be high kicking it in NYC this summer--and I couldn't be more proud.
Anyways. Facebook. Y'all, that is how I discovered that my little niece has a boyfriend!
Anrelnre&8nfjsd!*0^dhlasdjs#urenemu%ndfud!
The world is ending.
Can't deal. Can't deal.
Of course, I did some light stalking (because that's what any crazy aunt would do) and he seems like a nice kid and all, but, just, no. She's the little eight year old that had to sit in the middle seat in the back of my car. And we'd share a Diet Coke and apple cobbler. She's not old enough to date--there must be some sort of mistake. (side note: she's actually 16. I don't want to talk about it)
This? Is probably why I don't have children yet. I would be the most crazy overprotective parent on earth.
My niece is probably going to block me on facebook now. Smart girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
YAY for your trip to NY.. i cant wait to finally see u! xxxoo
Haaaahahahahaha this is such a funny, adorable post. You are the cutest auntie ever. Lovelovelove it. PS any word on Boston yet???
Oh, this gave me the giggles! So funny, and don't worry, I'm already a paranoid overprotective parent... so you won't be the only one :)
Aahh I felt the SAME WAY when the kids I babysat for years started dating... what a kick in the reality!
WHAT?!! You need to make sure you threaten to kill him if anything happens and let him know you own lots of guns and enjoy mounting heads on walls. :)
Seriously? Rockettes? That's freaking awesome. Is she tall and leggy (I'm jealous). But now you can go to NYC this summer and see them!! That's so fun! Can I go too?!
I know how you feel - my little sister just made cheerleader - ahh! She'll be in junior high next year.
Also, she had her first boyfriend earlier this year, but broke up with him because "he's supposed to talk to me, not run around playing basketball with other girls." Ha! :)
You are such a sweet auntie!! I love it! I am overprotective too! :) I try not to show them to make them feel it, it just means we care! ;-)
Kids aren't allowed to have girlfriends or boyfriends!!!! NOT ALLOWED! My 13 year old niece has a boyfriend. (Hand holder) Unacceptable. Hmph
Oh my goodness I just cant picture how ill be when i have my own kids! LOL! I worry already for my friends kids!!
Uh, I can't bear to think about my niece having a boyfriend. She's 11 so I know it will come eventually. My nephew has his little girlfriends but it's still at the "going with" stage as he's only 13.
Facebook - so much info on FB!
Post a Comment