*No need to point out/remind me that I'm weird. I'm fully aware.
But, isn't blogging kind of strange? (however, I do mean that in a nice way!) (if it wasn't for blogging, I wouldn't know like 90% of my friends!)
For example, I missed a very special friends baby shower over the weekend because I had to work, but, thanks to blogging, I feel like I was there! (ok, so, reading about it on the blog is not even the same and I'm sick about missing such an important part of her life and that wasn't a really good example because now I'm all pissy and annoyed that I wasn't there for her)
Better example: I don't get to see a lot of my friends all the time, in person, but, we're still involved in each other's lives. There. Better example.
Which leads to this: It can be months between visits with some of my favorite gals, but, I "talk" to them almost daily via Twitter or their blog. True, it's kinda voyeuristic, but, let's move past that, k?
I feel like I know what's going on in their lives all the time as if we'd had a real honest to goodness conversation.
I like that.
I don't like that I'm kind of lazy and kind of a bum and need to make more of an effort to actually see my friends face to face instead of being all "Ohh! I saw that on her blog!", but, such is life and such is growing up and such is being busy.
Can't win them all.
It is pretty awesome to have such a great network of friends near and far--friends I see all the time and those I might only see once or twice a year--to those I've never even met. How cool is that?!
Y'all will never know how much I love and appreciate you all.
Really.
xo,
SP
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
I'll be completely honest, I talk to my blogging/twitter pals more than my actual friends! Is that sad? I love it though. I feel like I connect with you guys in a different way even though we've never met! :D
I'll be completely honest, I talk to my blogging/twitter pals more than my actual friends! Is that sad? I love it though. I feel like I connect with you guys in a different way even though we've never met! :D
Totally agree! Blogging/tweeting/facebooking has become SUCH a handy tool in keeping in touch with everyone - and meeting lots of wonderful new friends!
I'm pretty certain that I have more friends who "live" in my computer than I do in real life. Is that sad? I don't think so.
I think it's amazingly strange, yet wonderful that people can connect at the level that they do with people they don't even actually know in real life. Make sense?
Blogging is a wonderful thing. ;)
Blogging is so crazy! But I love my blog friends so much, don't know what I'd do without them!
bwahaha. i was just talking about this. 2 friends came to visit, but we didn't have to update each other on our lives, because we read it on our blogs. :)
I completely agree. I meet one of my best friends through blogging, and she lives in FREAKING CANADA!!! Which is annoying, yes, b/c she needs to live in Texas, but what can you do?
And, blogging (and Twitter) makes me want to go to Dallas so we can have coffee :)
I know how you feel. I'll start to tell my friends or family a story and they'll say, "Oh, I saw it on your blog." I guess I need to focus on updating friends and family first and then blogging?
Blogging is SO cool. I dig on it. It's brought you and me together :) Yay! Also, I'm so totally happy to hear your ITB wasn't killing you on your half last week!!! WIN! PS. omg boston is in like 7 weeks!!!
i hear you!
it's such a neat and at the same time crazy world we've created...
i've met my best fried through blogging... and the weird thing is even though we will meet for the first time this summer, i still feel like she knows me better than even friends i have in real life.
when i moved away from home for the first time EVER two january's ago, i was so homesick. blogging helped SO much! esp. after my twin sis started blogging, because then we could totally keep in touch and see photos of the family etc. And my college gf-- i fall in love with her all over again through her posts because she shares so much of herself in them... things we never talked about on nights out of the town. it's pretty amazing isn't it, when you stop and think about blogging :)
ps. when my momma saw "julie & julia" -- she totally made me giggle when she said she understood me and blogging even more! ha
wow..... i don't know how but i just found you again. what's it been??? a year? two years? crazy! i hope life's been treating you well and we can reconnect!
Blogging is so weird. But I have to admit that I love you guys (girls? ha!). Since we've had to move around so much in the last five years and our army friends have been on the move, too, it's been hard to find good steady girl friends. I found that through blogging. And now I just need to haul my hiney down to TX to spend a wknd with you :)
if you didnt blog, how would i get all my good fashion tips and ideas!?? ditto on everyone else who said they talk to blogging friends more then "real" friends!:) ummm and are you ready for BOSTON!!!????
It's totally, completely true! I get the majority of my "news" from blogs. And definitely my friend updates!
Yay for face to face time today :)))
Post a Comment