Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Collective "awwww" please


Today is our anniversary!

Three years ago today, I was stuffing myself into a big 'ol white dress and having false eyelashes put on (oh yes I did). My hair was also much shorter and lighter. I insisted on wearing it up and curled--although it kind of resembles "prom hair" now that I think about it. I only had one ring on my left hand. I was still "single". I still lived with the fam.

By the end of the day, we were married. It was the Shabby Princes and the Shabby Princess. And now, we live in a whole different state, we have three little crazy four leggeds running our house (aka "the kids") and couldn't be happier. Who knew marriage was so great? (yeah, I had no idea. Literally weeks before I met the Shabby Prince, I had sworn off marriage and was content to live as a spinster. For real)


We're going to Roy's tonight for dinner--we had dinner at the original Roy's on a honeymoon (aren't we cheesy?).

And, her Shabbyness awoke to find this beauty awaiting her on the coffee table:


Yeah, I lucked out. And, I thought we were going to just grill up some steaks and watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 (not that I would have minded watching a marathon of my favorite not related to or in my ward family), but, he tricked me! He tricked me good! And, turns out, everyone knew. And I was just playing into their hands.

Could it be better?

(this totally makes up for my awful, terrible, very bad day I had yesterday)

1 comment:

photography by suzanne said...

You were and still are a beautiful bride. Happy Anniversary!