Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thank you eBay

For my new lovelies:


Which I got last night. Which are fabulous. Which are a bit more flashy than I had anticipated. That have gotten many a compliment today. That I love.

I do not love, however, that the heel height was not specified (eBay does: 3" and up, and leaves it at that), so, I think "Oh, three inch heel, I can totally do that. I run around here in 3.25 inch heels all the time. No problemo". Ha, ha, ha. What I did not account for, is that fact that they are in fact around 3.5ish with a slight platform. (which I love because I'm vertically challenged, or "not short, fun sized"--take your pick--I am not tall. My mother was taller than me. Not cool.) So, on the height front, I'll take all that I can get, however, you must picture this in your head (because, well, I couldn't find anything fitting enough on YouTube and I am not videotaping myself):


OK, get ready....

5 foot tall girl + 3.75 inch heels + windy day + painful blister on toe + breaking in said 3.75 inch heels = girl walking rather like in a horse in the excessively long gait and "clip, clop"-iness of the whole situation.

I'm sure that if I had a fly mask or a tail, people may really assume I'm a horse. For real. That is how loud I am walking today. And it's tres embarrassing. (don't you wish you were here to see this hilarity? You'd be in hysterics. This could only happen to me)

All you tall people (and by tall, I mean anyone above 5'1") have no idea how lucky you are.

If you want to see a horse/human, feel free to stop by my office. It is wildly hilarious.

2 comments:

{amy k.} said...

#1:you're hilarious- tall heels and a "little" girl, most definitely a combination for trouble! (But then again I'm 5'8 and you put me in those heels and I'd be all over the place... I'm a total clutz!)
#2: super cute shoes
#3: just read that bit about your book- wow, I'm so sorry! That is a lot for anyone to handle, you are a serious trooper- especially to be able to look back and write a book.
#4: I'm assuming from the "ward" and "bishopric" reference that you're a member... me too! Crazy all the lds friends you find here in blog land.
#5: I think you've become one of my new favorite reads! Thanks for introducing yourself so I could be enlightened!

{amy k.} said...

oops- again, a super long comment, sorry about that!