Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sunny Side Up

This picture was taken last summer on a family adventure in Vernal. I loved the way the sun was pushing it's light through the clouds.
After a nice relaxing night at home, some yummy orzo salad (I loves me some excuses to make pasta into a salad all summer long. Next up: trying to convince the husband that hummus will not in fact kill him), playing with puppies and not going to kickboxing (yes, I've come to accept my lardy status for now. I realize that I won't magically drop 10 lbs before Saturday--although, that would be ah-maze-ing, so, between now and then = lots and lots of sunless tanner my friends. Hey, I wonder if I could go get the airbrush tan and they could maybe airbrush me some abs? Hmmm....)--anyways, so, after a nice night at home (and a nap) and some sweet comments by some sweet people (thanks A & K!!), I'm feeling much better.

Because, after all, you can't control everything. And, sometimes, you've got to sink or swim, and, I vote to swim. Even if it means I'm going to need some floaties. I'll figure it out. I'll always do. Besides, I'm going to the beach.

You don't understand the excitement of the beach. This will be the first time in 3 years (gasp!) that I have felt sand in my toes or ran in a wave. It's been 3 years since I've moved away from my coastal home and moved where the nearest beach is hours away. And we haven't been there once since we've moved. Because we're lame. Someone remind me how I ended up here, again? In any event. Beach!

And, I'm wearing snappy new dark reddish uber comfy high heels today. And that always makes things better.

2 comments:

{amy k.} said...

3 years away from the beach? Whoa- I'm so excited for your trip! I hope you love it. Make sure to wear lots and lots of sunscreen (even though you want that tan...) Burns are no fun. I'm happy to hear (I feel like I'm listening to you when I read your blog... your posts seem so real life) you're doing better!

photography by suzanne said...

Have a great trip Ally!