Monday, June 23, 2008

Musings & Monday

In no particular order.....

1. Actions speak louder than words. True story. (Don't say it. Do it.)
2. I don't really understand the whole HDTV/HD Cable/HD DVD thing. Don't even try, I won't get it.
3. I really want to make homemade ice cream, but, don't have an ice cream maker, and am sure I would butcher it anyway. So, if you ever come over and I offer you "homemade" ice cream, just go along and pretend like you don't know I didn't just put it in a different container. It'll make me feel handy.
4. Why is it that no matter what, I always wake up with a dog on my feet in the middle of the night? Who suddenly turns into dead weight and I cannot move.
5. We can finally watch movies at our house again (yay!!)
6. I'm exhausted.
7. We just recently bought a GPS for the car, we've named her Lola. She's mildly annoying, but, surprisingly accurate.
8. Here's an equation for you: Shabby Princess + Saturday + Costco = total freakout. I don't understand crowds! Why must they be wherever I am? Ah...!
9. I'm kind of bitter with some stuff right now. Which is lame. But, whatever.
10. I think we're still going to the beach (!). That said, I was thrilled I found my boardshorts last night.
11. I'm still pretty pale. Let's hope for sun! (fingers crossed people, fingers crossed)
12. My dogs are wildly excited because if we're gone, that means they are at daycare! Which, honestly, they like better than us 99% of the time anyway. And, bonus, they sleep through the night when they get back from daycare. Ah, bliss....
13. I have made myself a little icky by eating so much sugar today. Not good. Yes, I'm aware that I'm supposed to be on The D, but, you know what? I'm kind of in a funk and therefor, my self control has gone totally out the window. And I'm just going to have to deal with it. Even if it means looking like a lardy on the beach.... OK, well, I may just be starving myself come tomorrow. We'll see. I will not be "that" girl, oh no, no.
14. Seriously though, I believe that I look thinner with a tan, so, here's to a weekend sans sunscreen (please, no lectures on the skin cancer thing--I'm aware).
15. I could really just use a day to sleep....or, at least sleep in.
16. I didn't get to do yoga on Saturday.
17. Loved having friends over on Saturday night. Loved playing with friends kids. The puppies loved it too.

I suppose that's all for now..... It's been a rough couple of days.... But, my SIL Rach is a college graduate, and I couldn't be more proud of her. And that makes me smile. Congrats, babe, I love you!

2 comments:

{amy k.} said...

sorry to hear that you've been in a funk... I know how that goes and I know what you mean about your self control going out the window and your sugar intake sky rocketing- that's what happens to me. And I too believe a tan makes me look thinner- but I'll believe anything like that, I'll take the little help I can get! Hope you have a good rest of the week and your bitterness goes away... whatever it is! (Ben & Jerry's usually helps me out.)

kelly said...

i hope all is better. a big bowl of ice-cream (store bought or home made) always helps brighten my day!