So, I've been trying to lose the chub, since, well, forever. Since you all were first introduced to the Shabby Princess. And, it was going wonderfully. I was taking kickboxing twice a week, running off and on, yoga on the weekend--and even packing my own lunch! Can you believe it? (me either)
So, here's the big revelation: summer has ruined it all. Which is the exact opposite of what bathing suits and hot weather is supposed to do. I also blame this on my office being short handed and the fact that I'm working waaaay harder than I ever have before in my life.
Monday night, I left work too late to make kickboxing--and ended up falling asleep at 7PM. But, I did manage a 15 minute run before Jon & Kate Plus 8....Although, even at 7 o'clock at night, I still managed to get sunburned (how?).
I didn't go to kickboxing tonight. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the sofa at 5:45. I may or may not have had the husband tell me "You better go, I don't want to hear you complain" to which I may or may not responded with "No! I won't! I'll go for a run tonight, and tomorrow you'll wake me up early and I'll go"... Before I fell back asleep.
I now sit here, not running. Instead, my legs are so sore from my Monday run (I lunged it up and down my street on the way back), my head hurts and I'm so tired I could lay down right now.
My whole goal was to get in shape by the time school starts. Classes resume August 25. I've got one month. It's game time. Gangbusters, people, gangbusters.
So, help me. Help me push through the long days, the exhaustion and remind me to run. Or do something. ...Oh, and to eat less. A lot less. And, most importantly, to lay off the sugar (y'all will be proud, I have been Twix free for, well.... a month? perhaps).
And, if anyone out there is in the area we all call Big D, please contact Her Shabbyness about being running/working out partners. Thanks.
So, here's the big revelation: summer has ruined it all. Which is the exact opposite of what bathing suits and hot weather is supposed to do. I also blame this on my office being short handed and the fact that I'm working waaaay harder than I ever have before in my life.
Monday night, I left work too late to make kickboxing--and ended up falling asleep at 7PM. But, I did manage a 15 minute run before Jon & Kate Plus 8....Although, even at 7 o'clock at night, I still managed to get sunburned (how?).
I didn't go to kickboxing tonight. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the sofa at 5:45. I may or may not have had the husband tell me "You better go, I don't want to hear you complain" to which I may or may not responded with "No! I won't! I'll go for a run tonight, and tomorrow you'll wake me up early and I'll go"... Before I fell back asleep.
I now sit here, not running. Instead, my legs are so sore from my Monday run (I lunged it up and down my street on the way back), my head hurts and I'm so tired I could lay down right now.
My whole goal was to get in shape by the time school starts. Classes resume August 25. I've got one month. It's game time. Gangbusters, people, gangbusters.
So, help me. Help me push through the long days, the exhaustion and remind me to run. Or do something. ...Oh, and to eat less. A lot less. And, most importantly, to lay off the sugar (y'all will be proud, I have been Twix free for, well.... a month? perhaps).
And, if anyone out there is in the area we all call Big D, please contact Her Shabbyness about being running/working out partners. Thanks.


7 comments:
Shoot me an email and maybe we could meet up at somepoint for a run! mrspreppy@gmail.com
I feel your pain! Summer has added on some extra chub here too.. yuck! I don't get it! And seriously, I have been getting sunburned each time I go out, even after 3 layers of sunscreen! What's the deal?!
Oh, and every time I see Jon & Kate Plus 8, I think of you- funny how that works, seeing how we've never really "met" and all...
too bad we couldn't be work out buddies!
I know how you're feeling! It can be hard trying to work out when you're working full time too. Keep at it thought, you'll get there :) x
I too am in the "Chub Club" and have been back and forth good and bad and still being more bad than good. Summers suck when you arent feeling good in a bathing suit! Hae it! What to do? Get pregnant then fight all waeuight off at the end of babies. That's my plan but not my advice to you! LOL!
I hear ya! It's hard to fight the urge for ice cream. I always crave ice cream in summer, even living where I do where it doesn't get all that hot. Crazy how that works.
Good luck with your running!
where in big D? i'm in mckinney
i work in dallas and shop there too - we'll have to get together sometime.
Post a Comment