Monday, November 3, 2008

Musings & Monday

Greetings! I hope you're still as hopped up on sugar as I am--we didn't have nearly the amount of trick or treaters we had planned on, so, naturally, I am making up for that my breakfast, lunch, and dinner-ing on the candy. Yum. Is it bad if I'm hearing buzzing sounds? (anyone else picturing the Friends episode where Ross eats all the maple candy?)

1. So glad to be back in the States. England was a blast, but, there's only so much bad British TV one can handle.
2. Not so much with the censoring of the TVs over there--holy moly!
3. Thanks heaven's for that lovely "fall back"--of course, the dogs were unaware that they did not need to be up at 6 AM, but, whatever.
4. So, I'm a redhead.... Yeah, apparently when I said "like Jenna Fischer, you know 'Pam', on The Office" and brought in 5 pictures, that translated to "like Debra Messing, from Will & Grace, or, Kate Walsh". I washed it this morning and it has faded a bit... so, we'll see... I'll post a picture tomorrow (which was taken yesterday, so, it's not quite as purple-red now)--it's very different for me.
5. Make my eyes look fan-freaking-tastic though, I won't lie.
6. Haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the lovely dental work I have this Friday and the subsequent pudding cups, Frostys and yogurt will result in the 5 lb weight loss I'm lookin' for by my birthday.
7. We're having a family debate about the holidays. We are finally putting our money where are mouths are and for once, are not spending Christmas in the h-e-double hockey sticks that is, home (long story). I'm pushing for Florida. My dad and stepmom are not beach people. I should also mention that I have a half sister--who I'm 15 years older than. Who I will be babysitting over the holidays. Florida = tons of crap for us to all do and make me not want to kill self because I'm stuck babysitting. Any ideas here kids?? (PS. Dad already vetoed Hawaii... And, we'd like to stay in the States, please)
8. Did you know that Glade has Gingerbread Cookie scented candles? They sell them at that magical store I go to (Target) and I now have an even bigger stash of smelly good-ness for when the family comes.
9. I am a genius, I know.
10. It's strange to be back at work after last week--I think I could get used to this whole not working every day thing... Sigh...
11. Kinda sorta freaking out about my teeth this Friday! Yikes! What if I'm not under the whole time? What if it goes wrong? what if??? Ahh!! Oh, and, I'm a pain wuss. I don't do pain.
12. Lovely and darling C and her sweet family came a trick or treatin' to our house--which was the highlight of my dogs lives, I think. We also learned that lovely and darling S's daughter K talks about "my friend Hanna", which has been translated to HRH Princess Puffy Cheeks Hanna Banana. How stinkin' cute is that? (sidenote: being around darling little girls who love on my doggies and call my doggies their friends, just makes me want little daughter that much more--oh the humanity!)
13. Where oh where has the year gone? I swear just yesterday I was in court! Just yesterday BFF L and I decided to start kickboxing. Just yesterday the verdict was read. Just yesterday....(only, that was really months ago)
14. OK, now I'm starting to freak out that I washed my hair too soon and all the $$$$$$$ that I spent will be washed down the drain--literally. (I am obsessive about hair color, can you tell?)
15. Any advice??
Well, I suppose I have traumatized you all enough with my hair drama.... I hope that everyone had a fantastic Halloween and a lovely November weekend. And, of course, have a fabulous Monday! (crap, I forgot, I have l'italiano tonight).

xoxox
SP

7 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

please post pics of your hair! i bet it looks beautiful!!!!!!

AND I would totally do Florida for Christmas, or anywhere that has a bech really!!

Milltini said...

I bet your hair looks AWESOME! and I am totally picturing the friends episode you are referring to with Ross. That one and the saltwater taffy incident episode as well =)

Sarah B. said...

Definitely looking forward to seeing hair pictures...both women mentioned have beautiful hair color. Love how everything reminds you of an episode of some wonderful T.V. show.
Florida Schmlorida. I am biased but I LOVE where I live...Orange County, CA and think it is a great Christmas spot...lots to do. And lastly I will FINALLY be putting the check in the mail today for the wonderful bracelet.

photography by suzanne said...

I am sure glad I am not the only family member to use the word "crap!". Can't wait to see "the hair". I know you are beautiful.
I vote for Florida...as long as the big bugs are dead by then...do you know how big their cockroaches are????

Kellie said...

I know the red looks great on you! I won't lie...red's hard to keep. I've been using John Fredia's red color glaze this time around...it seems to help a bit.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Have you seen the British Office? They are a lot more crude than in the American and the American Office is based off of them. I must say, the characters in the American are much much better. We actually have the British ones on DVD because we thought they would be good, but they talk too fast in their London accent and they are definitely crude. So interesting..

Saucy said...

The first wash of a new red 'do will be the most splashy, red rinse of all. Don't fret. Your eyes will still look smokin'.