Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Boating activity be damned!"

I may or may not have shouted--yelped(?) that this morning in a fit of exhaustion, frustration, stress and tummy woes...

I should explain that as part of our responsibilities, the husband and I tagging along with some other brave souls to take a group of teenagers to the lake this weekend.

This is all well in good in that I need a tan (Hi, I'm Casper).

Problem is, I may have jumped off a cliff before then.

Why must it rain and pour all at once? Can't is just sprinkle? Am I asking too much here?

Exhausted. (understatement)

But, I am planning a full on raid of Anthro post-lake activity if I am a) not a lobster (remember, I'm Casper) b) dead c) too tired to move (this is a possibility).

A girl has to release her stress somehow right?
And with me, it's all about "pick your poison"--chocolate and weight gain, or spend $$ and then debate cutting up the Visa.

Note: the cutting up the Visa part has never actually happened.... Maybe it should?

And yes, I realize that I have no disposal income this month. I'm aware. I'll go without food. I don't care. We can live off canned beans, cereal and ice cream, right?

8 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Oh dear - this may call for an intervention!Go buy a diet coke, and one of those 100 calorie packs of Hostess cupcakes. Drink, eat, and take a deep breath. Call me if you need something stronger than diet coke.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Hang in there!

Dollface said...

lack of food makes us skinny?! is that a good positive spin?? xxxxooo

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

living off canned beans, ice cream, and cereal sounds pretty freaking awesome to me (just not mixed all together)

Sassy Engineer said...

Oh goodness! I hope you recover and make it through just peachy :) I love retail therapy (not sure they hubby does though!)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i am so with you on either sweets or a little harmless shopping, ha! oh boy, either choice is tough, i agree! i hope everything gets better so soon for you girl! and you have a great weekend!

TUWABVB said...

Cereal is a perfectly acceptable meal. Have fun and be careful!

Kaci said...

LOL! Certainly you can for that cute top!! :) There is a skirt there that I would give my left arm for...no joke! :)