Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Half Marathon Flowers

My sweet husband brought me these today.

To sit on my desk and remind me of my first half marathon.


I'm not going to lie to y'all, it was mentally very hard.

And my legs are really achin' today (I did not take an ice bath afterwards--big mistake! Stupid SP!). My plan to run today was foiled but I got in a good work out anyway (but I'm still bitter).


I'm sad to say that I weighed myself today and it is the exact same number as it was in January when I started WW. Which is super depressing, but, I must admit, I've never felt better.

Sure, my legs freaking hurt, sure the number on the scale hurts, but, I'm eating better, I'm running my heart out (which is why it's damn near impossible to stick to my points!) and I braved a bikini post race and sunned myself silly (note: I am still white. This just proves how white I was to begin with). And let me tell you, confidently sporting that bikini (even if it was in my backyard) is something I could not have done 8 months ago. Weight loss or no.

And I'm pretty sure that my legs look better than ever.

I'm proud to say I finished a half marathon (because honestly, how many of those size 00 tan blondies who overwhelm me when I go to the gym can say that?).

I'm proud of what I've accomplished over these last 8 months.

I can't wait to see what the next 8 months hold.

And I'm even treating myself to a sports massage on Thursday (although it may be more necessity than treat--we'll see! Hopefully I can run strong tomorrow!).

Thank you all so much for you support as I've embarked on this journey. I really appreciate it so much.

Next up? 26.2 miles.

Yikes.

10 comments:

Glamorous Newlywed said...

GOOD for you!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Good for you and pretty flowers!

In This Wonderful Life said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! So sweet of him! you deserve them. That is an amazing job!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Way to go! Honestly, take into effect that muscle weighs more than fat. By working out and running you gain more muscle so I'm pretty sure that is why the lbs. aren't what you want. But I think that is great. I think that inches lost are much better than pounds lost. (pounds lost are good too, but I'm just sayin')

I can't believe you did a half marathon, that is so great! Keep up the good attitude and keep chuggin'!

Kitty and June said...

way to go!!!! and those flowers are beautiful!!!

d.a.r. said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Those flowers are so pretty!

Lucky in Love said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!! You are doing so well and I am glad that you are able to look at yourself differently even though the scale says one thing. I think we get so wrapped up in the number (I know I do) and let it influence how our day goes, how we eat, and if we work out or not. And when I say we here I mean me :) You're so fantastic and you are such an inspiration for me to keep at it!

Mrs.Preppy said...

How exciting!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment.

And, beautiful flowers.

Dollface said...

omg look at you revving up your miles... go you!! i knew u could do it, xxxoo s*

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

So sweet! I meant to tweet you congratulations!! that's awesome! you absolutely deserve a massage=) Don't worry about the scale, I'm glad you're feeling great, and that's what really matters! (isn't that so much easy said than done, I know!)