Thursday, August 27, 2009

Doctor's Orders

So, went to my sports massage today. Don't feel any real difference--yet--I'm staying positive. The last time it took a while to kick in, so, here's hoping that by Saturday I'll be running again! Yippee. (no, seriously y'all, if I don't get my loooong run in on Saturday, there will be tears--really)

In other news, I took a spinning class this morning. First time in 4 years. I wanted to hurl. But, since I can't run, spinning is good cardio, yes? Yes.

Whole new respect for cyclists (except for the ones who try to run me over on the trail).

Anyways, my lovely massage therapist had a little convo with me post rub-down to offer me suggestions to heal quicker.

Any guesses?

No booze (I don't drink, so, this is easy peasy), and....wait for it.... no soda for 24 hours.

No Diet Coke? For 24 hours? Clearly, he doesn't know what a raging bitch this will make me.

We're currently on hour 4 and it's getting dicey.

Even my intern commented that I look tired.

But, I'm willing to do it. If drinking loads of water and abstaining from the liquid crack for 24 hours will help me run, I'm willing to do it.

Although, I do feel bad for anyone who may encounter me in the next 20 hours or so.

Random thought of the day: Do you think I could drink hot chocolate? It's not carbonated... (yes, I realize it's August and 100 degrees out, but, I gotta drink something other than water while I'm cozy watching TV with my pups!)

Alright, Operation No Soda is on. Only 20 hours to go.

(please Lord let this actually help)

10 comments:

Dollface said...

No diet coke? Hmmph... weird doctors orders from a masseuse... hope ure feeling better gorgeous! xxxoo s*

In This Wonderful Life said...

I bet hot chocolate is okay! There are some yummie teas!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

I agree with Megan - maybe try some hot tea or iced tea if you get really desperate :) GOOD LUCK this weekend!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh you poor thing!

Lucky in Love said...

I gave up diet coke not too long ago...and I used to drink at least 4 a day...at least. It was rough....but a trick:

I put crystal light or other flavorings in my water and that makes it so much better!

The Mrs. said...

Go for iced tea! It rocks!

kelly said...

i wouldn't be able to handle it. at least not now. there was a time when i was a good little girl not drinking soda. but maybe number3, late nights, early mornings, and marathon training leaves me with little energy. i need that stuff to survive!

MrsMis said...

Its cold and rainy in Ohio... so drink up the hot chocolate for me! Ill be joining you from under my covers with a steaming cup of tea :)

lw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lw said...

give yourself more credit. it's been way more than four hours. can't you count the hours you were sleeping - and thus not sucking down the amazing goodness that is diet coke? (sorry had to repost - in my typing frenzy I left out a few random letters - as in a "t" from the super complicated word the. sad I know)