Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I can't be trusted at Anthropologie

I can't.

It's physically impossible. It's like asking me to look out a glass elevator. Not.Going.To.Happen.

We had a rather spendy weekend thanks in part to some $$ I had forgotten about, and quick lunch time trip to Pier 1 which resulted in me remembering a chair that I'd fallen in love with months ago and needed to take home right this second.

Which of course, led to me needing to pull all the colors together in the living room. Which led to me wanting three little vases to go on our mantel, a la this month's Southern Living. (if you give a mouse a cookie much?)

And where is a great place for gorgeous home goods? Well Anthro of course.

And well, after Erin had raved about this top, I decided to do some searching (and much to my husbands dismay) found the very last one (in my size!) and it fit perfectly.

Naturally, I left Athro with a fabulous top, three mini vases and a pair of earrings.

And my checking account is all the more sorry.

But today, today I'm looking rather fabulous if I do say so myself.
Case in point:

19 comments:

Dollface said...

I think its fine to spoil yourself once in a while.... and hows the running going?! J just did a half-marathon on sunday... xxxooo

Lucky in Love said...

Love it!! Great day :)

amelia said...

oh, i had a major issue at anthro before our engagement pictures (it was my first time to shop there)
and i decided that i NEEDED 2 dresses and 4 tops (all full price) to wear for the pictures.

you can imagine what kind of dent that put into our wedding savings...

amelia said...

ps, that top is GORGEOUS. and obviously you needed the 3 vases! sound like all practical purchases to me! :)

Mikki said...

Very cute top!! The other stuff sounds wonderful too. I've actually never been to anthro before. Maybe it's best if I just stay away!

{amy k.} said...

ohhh you know that's one of my weaknesses as well. love that place.

Brittney said...

You have to give in to a spending spree once in awhile!

Becky said...

Enjoy your goodies guilt-free. Money is just money (okay, unless you're starving or homeless). But you're creative and you'll always find a way to keep your home and food on the table, so enjoy those amazing finds! Life is too short to worry too much about $$$. Hugs!

In This Wonderful Life said...

Love this top! I can't control myself with Anthro either!!

Kaci said...

Very cute!!

Children of the 90s said...

Cute! I can't be trusted in Anthropologie, either...the home section is enough to make me want to buy it out and replace everything in my home with its contents!

Domestic Diva said...

Too cute! New follower, love your blog!!
xxxx me

TexanCouture said...

I love their dresses, I never go in there and not find something I want clothes or home. I'm still obsessed with their giraffe measuring spoons I purchased last summer.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

So glad you referenced If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, because that was the first thing I thought of before I read that!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I LOVE that store! I wish I had one near me or even in my state! Cute top!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

OOOOO, so darling! I don't blame you. Besides, a girl needs a splurge every now and again to keep on the (general) financial straight and narrow.

This has nothing to do with a certain spending spree I may or may not be planning to go on tomorrow. Nope. Not me.

The Blonde Duck said...

So, I need to copy you and buy that shirt then come over to make pink puffy biscuits. Ok? Good.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

isn't it the most flattering top on the planet?! hugs in all the right places and flares in all the right places. so glad it worked for you and so glad you got some other cutie stuff, too!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I so need one of those tops=)! What a fun shopping day! We have a Pier 1 in our new shopping center I keep meaning to go in, it's been so long!=)