Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The day has come

I must confess something.

Something I never thought would happen.
And I've been debating on if I should tell or not.



But, I'm all about sharing and what not, so, I'll tell you.







Ready?


Are you sure?







I've become a flats person!

(I know, I can't believe I just typed that either!)
(looks longingly at her pretty pink heels in the sidebar)


Need proof?


I currently own these

And these

Oh, and you've seen these before (and I have them in black too)

(and yes, 98% of my shoes are from Target--I spend a lot of time walking outside for work and go through shoes like tic tacs, thus, I go for cheap when it comes to most of my office shoes)

So yes, I'm now a flats wearin' fool. Which is tragic, because I'm barely 5'. Awesome.

But with a bum leg and icky feet, prancing around in my favorite heels just wasn't cutting it.

I have worn heels exactly 0 times in the last week. It's a strange little world remembering how short I really am.

But, I think it's helping my leg (um, either that or the awesome insoles I started using last week--judge away--they are sooo flippin' comfy).

So, until further notice, I'll be a lot shorter.

And probably a bit sadder (because my heaven's if a great heel doesn't make me just giddy).

Now, go put on your favorite heels and live it up for me. Deal?

9 comments:

Brittney said...

I feel your pain! I'm 5'2 and am in love with my flats. I think a 10 year old was taller than me at my last work event. Super.

Rachel said...

I saw the first flats you posted today at Target and they are so cute!!!

TUWABVB said...

Such cute choices! I can't tell you how LONG it has been since I've worn heels thanks to "working from home." I'm a flats addict too!

Kaci said...

We need a intervention like stat!

No I'm kidding, I'm totally a flats person too. :)

Dollface said...

u are hysterical, do you know that?! I love u, hahah xxxoo

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Shocking, really. I mean, what will the neighbors say?

Actually, I say everyone needs a few decent pair of flats, and those are darling. My closet is full of Target ones too; they do make good cheapies.

Charis said...

I'm TOTALLY a flats person. And insoles, of course. Once I went flat I never went back. Noticing how uncomfortable my old "comfy heels" now make me whenever I dig them out for a special occasion makes me cringe, when I think about the damage that I was doing to my body and alignment without even realizing it! (and I hear staying away from heels makes you age better too. My 60-yr-old self will thank me!)

Lindsey said...

YAY! I am a flats person too and I love it!

TexanCouture said...

Sometimes I wear flats because well I'm 5'9 and cute heels really only come in 3 inches are higher so in order to not look like giant flats are awesome and these are cute I've added them to my Target Lists