Nothing good, I can tell you that right off the bat.
Last night, we hosted a back to school pool party and barbecue for our youth and per usual, locked the puppies in the upstairs bedrooms so they don't a) escape or b) harass everyone for food.
And they were sweet little angels up there all night.
Once everyone was gone, we let them outside to go potty and play while the husband got their dinner ready and I packed my gym bag for this morning run (7.54 miles thankyouverymuch).
Imagine my surprise when I look outside en route to the garage and see s sneaky Ella Mae beagle up on the outside table (!) with her face in a pan of hot dogs! And, also, was dangerously hovering over a lit citronella candle (no, we checked, she doesn't have singed tummy).
That's right, my little Ella climbed up on the dining table (how?), braved fire (I really was envisioning flaming dog and how I was going to explain this to my vet) and ate 6 hot dogs.
6.
Teenage boys don't even do that (I should know, there were 15 of them at my house).
Needless to say, the little monkey woke up early this morning not feeling well.
I'm sleepy. The husband and I took turns with her until I left for the gym.
As of 8:15 AM, she was still in (our) bed.
So, I've learned my lesson--don't leave hot dogs unattended.
And, maybe she's learned hers--but that's really wishful thinking at this point!


9 comments:
One night I was walking Thundy and there were two random hotdogs laying on the ground.. this is Manhattan of course!! least to say he threw up the next day, yuck!! xxxooo
Oh that is so funny! I'm imagining it now.
When it comes to food, dogs never learn their lesson, sadly.
Poor girl! Hope she feels better soon!
And 6! Wow :)
Our vet tells us to use hot dogs as enclosures for medication or even for special rewards... But only in very small quantities! We keep one sliced hotdog at a time in the fridge, and it takes us awhile to get through it.
I hope your pup recovers from her binge quickly!
Oh no, poor girl!! I can't imagine!
oh gosh- silly dog! Hope she's doing ok!
Poor Ella, her mischeif got her an upset tummy!!!
That is such a funny story!!!
that is so funny! I'm imagining it now.
Domain registration india
Post a Comment