1. Alert the presses: I ran on Saturday. How far did you run, miss SP? Oh, I ran 14 miles. 14 glorious, glorious miles. (and it would have been 14.5 but the damn sky just opened up a torrential downpour when I hit 14--not lying, and I had to book it to my car lest I end up looking like a drown rat.)
2. We ran through neighborhoods. And didn't follow the map correctly (I was not leading the map reading, fyi). Which meant: lots 'o hills. And at some point, I ended up being the pace leader--fyi, I suck at that. So, it ended up being 4 of us at the front, which was awesome.
3. Found another chick who has an "early marathon" and we headed out after the group run to get in more miles together. I'm so happy to have found her because there's no way I can get to the meeting place at 5 AM to get in extra miles before meeting at 6. Trust this.
4. (Um, last weekend I got to the meeting site at 5:20 to get in extra miles before the meet up, which is what everyone recommends, so you can "finish as a group". Ha. Let me tell you, older neighborhoods with very few street lights and sketchy sidewalks = SP tripping, and full on ninja rolling into someones front lawn. Not that this happened or anything. Nor do I have the scraped wrist to prove it.)
5. I hurt like all get out today. You've got to be kidding me.
6. Sports injury therapist today at 5:30!! Fingers, toes, arms, etc crossed that this helps because I've got 6 miles on the agenda tomorrow.
7. Have I mentioned that I hate mailing lists? Because I do. (yes, it's that time of year. Again)
8. Mailing lists cause me to blow off lunches with my fabulous intern. For the second week in a row. I'm a fabulous boss, clearly.
9. My boss got a new puppy. They want to name her Rio. I want to bring her home with me. Clearly, this is a problem.
10. We cannot have any more pets, lest we become crazy pet people. And we're pretty damn close already.
11. My husband is riding his bike 60 miles today. Because he's crazy and racing 100 miles in like 3 weeks. This is not normal. Normal people do not do this.
12. Of course, one could also argue that normal people do not yearn to run 14 miles in one day. Or get convinced to sign up for an all night trail run (next year kids, I've got 11 months to drop out of that one--thank God!), or to run the Cowtown marathon one month before the Catalina marathon. So, "normal" is kind of skewed.
13. I really want to go shopping. Like, I "need" new clothes. And by "need", I mean, Anthro has their fall clothing and clearly, I want everything there.
14. Oh, and I "need" to find an outfit for my Miami/Cuban themed birthday party that is still months away. And yes, I'm planning it now. Sue me.
15. Please remind me that I have no disposable income this month. Please, remind me of that. Because I seem to forget.
16. Oh, and please cross your fingers and toes that this sports injury person is the miracle I'm hoping for--because y'all, I'm getting downright bitchy (and fat. Which just adds to the bitchiness. It's a cycle). (while we're asking for favors, fingers crossed that my husband finds a job--because his housewife skills have seriously gone downhill lately--I think the novelty has worn off).
Alright y'all. I'm off to work on mailing lists so that I can keep bringing home the low fat turkey bacon....
Ugh. Monday.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
oh my gosh!!! 14 miles?!?! you've come SUCH a long way.. that's just incredible!!
If you HAPPEN to find any disposable income and HAPPEN to want to make a trip to Anthro this week...I may HAPPEN to know someone who would love to go with you to Northpark :) (Oh, and I'll totally buy you a mojito while we're there at La Duni to start the Miami/Cuban themed birthday early!)
Ha! Low Fat Turkey Bacon had me laughing outloud at my desk, you're hysterical! Congrats on the 14 miles, I don't even know if I could do that while being chased!
HOOORAY!! Did the ice help? I'm so glad you're back to running!
Wow awesome!!! 14 miles is frigging AWESOME!! :)
I freakin' injured my hip and running is out for a couple more days. Poo! :(
14 miles?? I'm sorry, but normal people don't yearn to do that. I regret to be the bearer of bad news, but there you have it. ;-)
Fingers crossed for a good report from the doctor!
Wow!! Your determination in running is very inspiring for sure. Keep up the great work!
BTW - I think my husband may be in the same 100 mile bike ride here in a few weeks. I agree, it's totally not normal. Oh and, don't feel too guilty about the 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes... they're only 1 point! They have more fiber than most veggies. Ha!
14 miles! Woah! You are freaking amazing.
Congrats on the long run - you are amazing! And I love the theme for your birthday party - what a great reason to purchase a fun new outfit!
Post a Comment