Y'all. Y'all, seriously.
My half marathon is on Sunday.
13.1 miles.
Of racing.
Holy moly.
I'm so wildly excited that I really can't get over it.
I've run mostly pain free this week, but, missed my AM run today because it was severely storming and driving down my street was kind of sketch, so, am planning to run after work (and I think that my calf and shins need a more than 24 hours to recover from a hard run--I wasn't really feelin' it anyway, my leg hurts).
I've run mostly pain free this week, but, missed my AM run today because it was severely storming and driving down my street was kind of sketch, so, am planning to run after work (and I think that my calf and shins need a more than 24 hours to recover from a hard run--I wasn't really feelin' it anyway, my leg hurts).
Tomorrow will be the first Saturday I have taken off from running since April.
I plan to sleep in, do some yoga and drag the husband to HomeGoods.
I plan to sleep in, do some yoga and drag the husband to HomeGoods.
I think laying by the pool may be involved as well.
Current dilemma? What to wear on Sunday!!
I plan my race outfits very carefully.
I'm thinking either my gray running shorts with my one size too big gray and pink yoga top, or my it actually fits because I didn't buy it whilst having a "fat day" like I did with the yoga tank blue and green floral top.
These are the big decisions people. (as in I'm seconds away from buying another top just to match my favorite black running shorts. It's an addiction, clearly)
No matter what I wear, I am really looking forward to crossing this off my list and remembering that just 8 months ago, all this was just a pipe dream.
Oh, and I get a finishers medal--and really, I can be bribed by bling very easily.
I'll have a full report for you on Monday.
I also see pancakes in my future--after all, what is the point of a half marathon if I can't eat pancakes?
My point exactly.


10 comments:
Good Luck Sunday!!!!
Even though I have tons of perfectly good running clothes, I buy new outfits for big races on a regular basis. It's a sickness.
omg!! the big day!! good luck dolly!!! Jared had his last week and he did awesome I know you will too, xxxxooo
Ally,
Best of luck on Sunday! What a great accomplishment. Our daughter in law runs races all the time...and usually wins. She was an All American at BYU.
Shauna and Robi are both training for a 1/2 in September in Northern California. The only place I ever run is to the bathroom!
ps...anything you wear will be darling!
YAYAYA!! Good luck, you will do awesome!!
I am so crazy excited to hear about your race! I know I would be freaking about the outfit as well. The other day I was running on the treadmill and my shorts started to FALL DOWN! Um, what?? I had to try to hold them up while I was running or the guy behind me would see my thong! Note to self: buy new shorts.
Good luck!!! Take pics of your bling!
Run girl. Run! Way to go. I get tired thinking about DRIVING that far.
But the pancakes. You've got me on those pancakes.
Just found your blog - how exciting! Best of luck on Sunday!
Bring on the pancakes!! Good luck sweets you'll do awesome! Can't wait to read all about it! :)
good luck dolly!!! Jared had his last week and he did awesome I know you will too,
Domain registration india
Post a Comment