Friday, September 25, 2009

Let the planning begin

Alright my lovelies, today is a v. very exciting day (besides it being Friday and all--and a Friday with brownies--I only had a teeny one--pinky swear!).

Today is September 25th (also, it's the StepMom's birthday--Happy Birthday!).

Which means, it's two months until my birthday. And three months until Christmas, obviously.

But, more importantly, it's two months until my birthday (and no Dad, my birthday is not on Thanksgiving this year--it's not on Thanksgiving every year--contrary to popular belief).

And, this year, I plan on having a fabulous huge and gawdy birthday bash.

You're all invited, by the way (unless of course you're creepy, a stalker, or you know, a serial killer--in which case you are not on the guest list).

I haven't had a fabulous birthday party since I don't know when, and since we're celebrating my finishing a marathon (!) and my Golden Birthday, I figure that now is a good a time as any to have a shindig to remember.

In intend on having a fabulous cake (I'm thinking ice cream...?), balloons and streamers. I may even consider karaoke. Because after all, why not make a fool of myself?

And presents. I demand good presents.

Ahh! I can hardly wait. This is the most excited I've been to get older since I was 16. And my dad picked me up from a friends house to take me to a birthday breakfast in a brand new Toyota Tundra!!

It was his.

He bought himself a new car on my birthday.

I'm not joking.

I cried all the way to breakfast.

(not that I expected a car, new or otherwise, but, I was so flippin' excited when I saw him drive up and just couldn't believe that he'd bought me a car--I was so excited. And then crushed)

And yes, I realize that I'm being rather narcissistic and whatnot, but, I am a Thanksgiving child--much like summer birthdays, I constantly got the shaft in terms of birthday parties growing up. Clearly, I am making up for it now.

Only question is, what should the theme be? Should we go out, or turn our house into party central? Too many decisions!

15 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

OH my gosh...how exciting!! Go all out girl! You deserve it :)

TexanCouture said...

I totally feel your pain of the shafted birthday parties. I'm a 4th of July birthday so it is always out of town beach birthday party or else no one would be home to attend...

koopermom said...

My birthday is November 28th. SO I get the Thanksgiving shaft all the time too!

Last yera was my golden birthday, and my sister decided to get married that weekend. SO I also got the shaft on my golden birthday.

I just might have to make up for that this year!!!

{amy k.} said...

yay! So exciting- I love birthdays! Can't wait to hear your plans!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh my gosh, I would cry if my dad did that too! Not even cool.

I have the Thanksgiving/birthday too. "It's Thanksgiving! Oh yeah, and we are celebrating Amanda's birthday too..." So lovely. Oh well, at least it gives us another excuse to eat extra on our birthday!

Golden Birthday! SO exciting.

Lindsey said...

YAYA go for it!! Do it!!

Dollface said...

happy almost birthday girlie!!! Sorry the package has not been sent out, but i will be getting to it... ive been running around trying to find autumn mix!! Jared said he knows it and will find it for me... hahaha... i wish i could come to the bday festivities!!!! :) xxxxooo

Anonymous said...

I thought I was getting a car for high school graduation (I should have known better). There were Kelley Blue Book reports laying in the kitchen and my mom told me I would LOVE my graduation gift. My dad got a new car instead!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Hooray for turning 25! Such a great year - you have some wisdom under your belt, but you don't quite feel ancient (31, ahem) yet. Enjoy!

Less fun is the holiday birthday; a number of my friends have Christmas adjacent birthdays, and the presents / attention definitely suffers as a result. Your dad may take the cake with that Tundra story, though - hilarious.

TUWABVB said...

Interesting - you were born 4 days after me (and 16 years, but that's just a little detail). :)

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain - i was born on thanksgiving day - and even though it doesn't happen every year it always seems to still get lost in the shuffle - and i could never really have parties because everyone always already had family thanksgiving plans - some years i didn't even get cake because my mom said that she baked pumpkin pies - grrr!

Cake for Breakfast said...

Yea! My golden birthday is this year also and I'm also having the first party I've had since I turned 10. I'm 30 on 30 and I kinda can't wait to blow out 30 candles on a big cake. Onward and upward. Good luck planning!

Becky said...

Okay, definitely on the presents thing -- in fact, I want to be among the givers. You'll have to send me your address over email (I think we've been blog friends long enough that you'll trust me to not be among the serial killer non-invitees?). Except it won't be a truck. And it will probably be small (I'm still paying for my c-section, boo). And very definitely on the staying in and having the party at home, plus the karoake. People feel more relaxed in a friend's home, and that's what you want, guests relaxing and having a blast, singing at the top of their lungs and enjoying some ice cream birthday cake!

Kaci said...

I say fo shiz have a big ol birthday bash!! :) YAY!!

prashant said...

I just might have to make up for that this year!!
Web hosting india