Monday, September 21, 2009

Musings & Monday

I feel like it's been foreva since I've set our week out with a lovely ramble... I could be wrong, but, in any event, away I ramble.

1. The blessed husband did not let me cook on Friday night after my particularly challenging week--which was fabulous. We went out to eat and it was the perfect Friday night (except that I'm 100 years old and go to bed at like 9:00).
2. Managed to run not 16, but 16.25 miles (I know!). I can't even tell you how great I felt when I finished--well, besides being tired and hungry and sore--it's been a long road to get here and hopefully, I'm on the downhill slope of this injury laden last few months.
3. I did not run this morning--I should have, it's on my plan, but, I didn't sleep very well, am still kinda stiff and figured another day off might help--after all, it's 100% all about staying injury free at this point.
4. Thanks to my 16.25 miles, I spent all of Sunday eating--and sleeping. It was fabulous (since I was too delirious/in pain to be cognisant on Saturday). Although I do feel like a stuffed little piggy this morning--we're just going to ignore that.
5. Have I mentioned how much I love having my sister in law here? (a lot)
6. We watched X Men Origins: Wolverine on Saturday night--le sigh, we love Hugh Jackman.
7. I remembered why I really didn't enjoy school: homework! I spent the remaining bits of the weekend cramming for tonight's class. Ugh! So.sick.of.marketing!
8. Long day at work + late night class + early AM run tomorrow= crazy!
9. Those evil pumpkin spice cookies are finally gone (tear), but have been replaced by dark chocolate covered almonds. I have no self control (fully aware, thanks).
10. It's almost 2 months until my marathon (and ahem, birthday). Holy yikes!
11. Which means it's like 3 months until Christmas. Can you even believe it? (and I'm saying this when the high temp is supposed to be 90 today, sure.)
12. I might as well start the winter weight gain now :)

What are you rambling about today?

Happy Monday y'all!

7 comments:

TUWABVB said...

I still can't believe I haven't seen Wolverine yet - especially in light of my husband's love of all things X Men and my love of all things Hugh Jackman!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

16.25 miles??!! wow girl, that's awesome! Yay for going out to eat Friday night, good job Hubs=)! Good luck with homework, hope it goes quick! and dark chocolate covered almonds... mmmmm!

Jane said...

Love me some Hugh Jackman. Saw him when he was on Broadway in The Boy from Oz! So good! Maybe that will give me motivation to run today!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog! My friend at work told me about it and i read it almost everyday after lunch. I work in Houston, love food, and ran my first half marathon this year! Thanks for the entertainment!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

your running amazes me. really. amazes.

Kaci said...

Happy Monday dear!! :) Autumn mix has not found me...but its in the back of my mind all the time!! HOLLA on the 16.25 rock star!

Lucky in Love said...

What a great run! You rock my friend :)