Friday, September 18, 2009

Thankful Friday

In accordance with Operation Joyful Life, I hereby give you things getting me through this particularly heinous day (to cap off week from hell, fyi):

1. 'Sweet Treat Friday' a lovely plan implemented by myself and my fab co-worker. Each week, one of us brings in a treat for the office on Friday morning--last week, I did cookies, this week, the boss brought Dunkin' Donuts...And I only had a teeny bite of one (for real! Plus, someone already stole the kind I really like, so, it all worked out cause believe me, I was in a pissy mood and that triggers stress eating...Wow, did you like my little life story there?)

2. Sister in law is here!! We spent last night watching The Office. I love her so. And, even though I was especially bitchy to everyone I came in contact with yesterday, she's still here (major props to you sis in law, major props!).

3. There's a big ol pumpkin scented candle waiting for me at home--yay for a yummy smelling house!

4. Long run tomorrow. I think I'm going to run it by myself. Now, I normally don't recommend running long distances alone (for moral support reasons), but, after today, I think I just need some alone time. And pouding the pavement is my version of therapy. (I reserve the right to wuss out and run with my friends running group tomorrow--but that means I have to leave my house at like 4:50--and I'm not joking).

5. Friday = carb night! Yes, yes, I know, carb loading is a myth--and I don't have a race--but, lemme tell ya, there's nothing like some good ol' bread or pasta to cap off the week and encourage me to run, run, run. (!)

6. Diet Coke. Enough said.

7. These fabulous little Mexican candies I've been stealing from our office mail room.

8. Operation Skinny Jeans: down 1.5 lbs. Which means I'm really only down .5, since I gained last week, but, whatever, I'm still happy.

9. My yoga instructor calls crunches "crunchies"--it makes ab work a wee bit more enjoyable.

10. Silly little puppy dogs who jump on me when I get home from work. Muddy feet and all.

11. Operation Jack. I can't tell you how inspiring it is or how much it helps me. Yesterday, when I was about to jump off the treadmill, I had to remind myself that I'm doing this for Jack. And I can't let him down. That pushed me to pound out 7.55 miles.

12. Family and friends.

One thing I'm not joyful about? The fact that my niece just turned 16 and got a truck (not new!). The thought of her driving frightens me to my core. But I still love her a whole bunch.

Happy Friday y'all!

9 comments:

TUWABVB said...

You totally cheered me up with this entry - thank you!

Cake for Breakfast said...

Good job finding the things to be grateful for - a good reminder for me to do the same. Today I'm grateful that flats are in style, grateful that Marshall's sells everything I need for half the price I'd find it even at Target, and that I got a special treat from Sephora because it was my birthday month!! Hopefully next you'll inspire me to go for a run in the morning...

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Friday treats are the best at work. I know it always made my workday go by better. Speaking of treats, I made those pumpkin choc. chip cookies, for real, yummy! They are so good. Definitely keeping that little recipe.

Liz Adams said...

Kona! I think you rock! I wish you lived near me!

jlc said...

Hahah LOVE the crunchies!! That's totally a word my hubbs and i would use.... anything that ends with -ies.


I lovies you. That's nasties. Are you sleepies?

See? it works with just about anything! :)

TexanCouture said...

Sorry you had the week from hell, hopefully this weekend is a lot better for you!

I enjoy running alone in the mornings to clear my head.

I need to get a pumpkin candle like now!

Becky said...

Yay for #12 and I'm glad to be counted among them! I heart you and hope you have a FABU weekend!!!

Jane said...

Hope your run was fabulous and just what you needed today!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I hope you have a better week this week! I love the idea of weekly treats at the office!