Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know you live in Texas when...

The temperature drops below 75 degrees and everyone is talking about how cold it is.

When I went to lunch yesterday, the thermometer in my car said 68--you'd think there was a damn ice storm or something with as quickly as I ran from my car to my office, etc. I was seriously cold!

Yes, it's official--I think I've become a Texan.

And in honor of the first day of fall and the official 2 Months to Marathon mark yesterday, I tried out my Nike running capris--and am in love. Yes, those will be my Official Marathon Pants. Now I just have to find a cute (but warm!) top.

Happy fall y'all!

11 comments:

Ashley Lauren said...

LOL same thing in Florida! Except it is still in the high 80s/90s here...

Stephanie said...

Comment from a Canadian! Sounds lovely!! LOL

TexanCouture said...

I am so excited that it is "cold" here in Texas. I used my heater for the first time this morning bc the floors were freezing and getting out of the warm shower water was not an option unless heater was running...isn't that sad.

Lindsey said...

Oh how lucky! haha!

Thanks for your sweet comment, made my day!!=)

The Blonde Duck said...

Dude, people are breaking out the sweaters down here! It's hilarious!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Please forgive me for being AWOL this last week or so here!

I confess to walking outside at lunch & wishing I had brought a cashmere (read: very warm) sweater to work with me. Once a (California) weather wuss, always a (Texas) weather wuss . . .

Sassy Engineer said...

Haha - I totally know what you mean! I thought the same thing yesterday, and high 60's used to feel pleasant (we would start wearing shorts in KS once it hit 70). I decided though that after getting used to 90's and 100's my body can't take the 30-40 degree drop as well! I guess I'm a Texan now too :)

Sarah said...

Too funny! Back in ND I guess its been raining but we're out visiting our home state of CA and its hotter than hell here! It was 103 just the other day!

Kaci said...

LOL! You're funny! I love Nike clothes!! :) I have more work out gear then actual office stuff! :)

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

Oh man, I would sweat in 68 degrees. I'm going to state college, pa (penn state land) this weekend and they BAKE in 50 degree weather!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha! my fam who lives out west will almost never visit on the east coast because it is too cold!! We were lucky we planned a summer wedding so they came, ha! ooh and love nike!