We’re on to you.
Grapefruit is not a treat heretofore to be included in sweet treat Friday. Although, I do give you points for bringing in muffins. However, the grapefruit cancels it out, so you’re still at like zero points.
Reason? Because the grapefruit gives people the opportunity to be all ‘I’m really watching my calories, but, otherwise I would totally have a muffin’. And then, I look like a total fatty cause Weight Watchers or not, I’m totally taking a muffin. (because who turns down a muffin, I mean really?) (also, I'm back on Weight Watchers. So far, I've gone over my points because apparently I wake up starving in the middle of the night and eat like 3 peanut butter sandwiches. Therefor undoing my points for that day since it's already like 3 AM at this point)
And while everyone does the modest ‘oh, they aren’t very good’ or ‘oh, some of them are burned’ that’s just what you say. I’m a full on Betty Crocker with baked goods, but, I like to be humble and modest so I’ll tell you they might be burned. This also lowers your expectations so when they aren’t burned, they’re even more yummy and you love me more. Obviously, this is genius. This plan does not work however if they really are actually majorly burned. Then we're just annoyed that you brought us burnt muffins (and grapefruits).
Don’t test new recipes or break in your oven on us. We aren’t guinea pigs and we like actual treats (and look forward to them like children at Christmas because after all isn't that what growing up and having a job is all about? Getting excited for Friday?). They can even be store bought—we don’t care. Really, all we're looking for is the sugar and calories.
Besides, to get me to eat a grapefruit, it’s going to involve a lot of Splenda.
I like sweet, so sue me.
So, next week, I’ll bring the treats. I’ll even use real butter.
You’re welcome.
PS. I have nothing against people who like grapefruit (although I am not one of them) (hi mom who's not alive and might be reading this in the beyond!)--I'm whining about people who consider grapefruit part of 'swett treat Friday'. That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Ha..this had me cracking up. I am "birthday cake maker" in my office. I am in charge of treats and usually make or bring something with lots of sugar. I didn't want to make a cake or bring in treats on my birthday (it's like buying myself a gift and telling everyone, although I have done that)....so one of the other woman brought in my birthday treat. Bran muffins and a fruit tray. I bring in cakes, brownies, and she thought I would want a bran muffin and fruit...lol. I did say thank you but it was hard.
Seriously dude, I'm sobbing and choking because I'm laughing so hard :)
I looovveee grapefruit, yummm!! Though, it is certainly not something I would consider a "treat"...
i put about 1/2 cup of sugar on my grapefruit and i still don't consider it a "sweet treat," so i'm with you on this one.
Haha, that's hilarious. I can't stand grapefruit either! I'm also back to counting points, but that isn't stopping me from making Muddy Buddy's later today!!!
Burnt muffins are never any good lol but Aww I love grapefruits!! This week I bought a pomelo which is what a grapefruit came from a mix of a pomelo & an orange. It is basically the size of my head and I can't wait to try it!
If a grapefruit tells you its not a vegetable it's lying.
you crack me up! I would (most likely... ok, pretty definitely likely) have the muffin too=) and even though it's been quite some time since we've had some, I do enjoy me some grapefruit, though there is a comedian with a really funny sketch about how grapefruit ruins any fruit salad! ;-)
i thought of your blog today while i was eating a ruby red grapefruit! don't worry it was a SNACK - not a "treat"!
I can actually one-up this, sadly: my best friend, who's a junior high history teacher, told me yesterday that at a staff meeting someone brought a cabbage, cut it into chunks, and served that as a snack.
... A CABBAGE!
Post a Comment