Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random Ramblings

(lest you all think I'm too terribly shallow and not going to mention the devastation in Haiti--you're wrong: I'm heartbroken for them especailly since I know firsthand how damn horrible earthquakes are. I hate them. They suck major. And after seeing an orphanage director on TV yesterday, I, being the childless wannabe mother than I am did in fact look into adopting a little Haitian orphan--being a semi earthquake orpahn myself....but, let's just say I'll never qualify to adopt a baby. Haitian or otherwise. And I'm being serious. I've always wanted to adopt a child, it's just something I feel is in the cards for me...and although I wasn't sure if it was even reasonable, I still wanted to look into it)

1. One year ago on this date, I joined Weight Watchers. I lost 15 lbs in a few short months... And then managed to pack it back on. And then some. I'm really depressed about it. I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life, and it blows my mind because at my previous "heaviest" I ate terribly and rarely worked out. Now, I eat pretty well and run 30 miles a week. Someone, please explain.

2. I've mentioned before that I'm ready to lose the weight, and, I am, and I've been doing really well on portion control, snacking, etc and yet I've gained 2 pounds. Obviously, I'm irony's bitch.

3. I'm proudly sporting 3 blisters thanks to all my running this week.

4. Oddly enough, even though I'm Chunky McChunkerson (and no, I'm not fishing for compliments--maybe I look skinny or maybe I'm lighter than a lot of people, but, I can tell you that I'm not happy and my jeans are a wee bit too tight), and wearing a dress that always makes me look a good 5 months pregnant, I look pretty good today.

5. Of course I forgot there was a fancy pants luncheon and am not wearing a suit, but, maybe they'll just stick me in the back of the room. Whoops.

6. I have a leadership meeting tonight at 7. I don't want to go, I want to stay home and sleep (I'm super tired this week--ugh!). But, I have no good excuse to not go. This is kind of sucky.

7. At least I won't miss Burn Notice. But, I will miss The Mentalist.

8. The husband and I finally got new cell phones last night. He got a Droid and I got a Blackberry (we don't have AT&T so no iPhones for us). I currently have cell phone envy over the husband and have had no less than 15 panic attacks about the money we spent on these stupid things.

9. Also, "smart phones" really aren't that smart if it takes 3 hours to figure out how to send a text. Not that my husband had that issue or anything.

10. A co-worker beat me to the office this morning and that has never, ever, ever happened. I'm all sorts of bitter about it.

11. Now I can't sneak out early because she knows I got here at 8:15 and not 7:50 like usual. Lame!

12. I keep having dreams that we have kids. This is annoying for several reasons. a) we aren't even close to having kids b) it makes me want kids even more and c) it stresses me out.

13. Whatever.

14. I ran 7 miles this morning. That's like 20+ for the week. Not thrilled because I won't hit 40 (16 miles on Saturday--yikes), but, a good start I suppose.

15. I wish it was Friday.

16. I also wish my husband had a job (while we're wishing for things and all).

17. Can I wish I was 10 lbs lighter too?

18. And for a vacation? Since my dreams of a tropical vacation for the brother in law's wedding have been dashed (sad times--they are getting married stateside. Boooo!) an all.

19. At least I get to see my BFF for a few hours today--I love that she's my work's official photographer. Yay.

20. I also love all my blog friends--yes, you guys! Hell, you put up with all my stupid ramblings (or, at least pretend to!).

XOXOX
Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Dollface said...

Aww... Im totally with you on the weight thought.. and one of the bloggies suggested to me the most amazing thing... fat-free milk with fat free and sugar free choch syrup... fills you up and gives you a choco fix... try it, xxxoooo miss uuuuuu

Samma said...

I cna't believe you ran 7 miles this morning and stil lmade it to work at 8:15! It's amazing! I was late this morning (but my boss is not here, mwah ha ha).

I'm doing a cleanse right now- they always help me reset my palate (that's how I think of it at least). After one I crave processed food less, and have a smaller appetite. There's one on the Body and Soul mag website. I always feel lighter after one, regardless of whether I am or not!

Brittany Ann said...

We love your stupid ramblings! Hang in there my friend!

Patience said...

I struggle with my weight every single day. I eat the same things every single day, run 20-25 miles a week, spin 3 times a week and weight lift twice a week and the scale does not move. Hate it.
I hope your husband finds a job soon. My fiance was just called back to work after being laid off for a year.

Zoƫ said...

Oh, Miss Shabby Princess, it's called muscles, dear! Running as much as you do builds those necessary muscles to keep you going.

Dollface is totally right about chocolate milk...so delicious and good for you (I have it everyday!).

Hope you get out of the funk soon. Hang in there! You rock!

Mikki said...

Any chance you could be preggers??? I'm sure you'd know, but there is that crazy show on TLC about the women who had no clue until the kid dropped out.

Jen Feeny said...

Oh girl... someone has lost their tail! As in totally having an Eeoyre day! I had one yesterday and cried about everything! I hope you get to feeling better about YOU and life in general. Try to get some R & R this weekend and start next week fresh with a clean slate!

THE Stephanie said...

13, 15 ,and 17 are my favs :)

d.a.r. said...

I am just so amazed that you run so far in the mornings and still make it to work at a decent hour (aka before noon, haha).

That Pink Girl said...

It is the crooouhl truth of running, that not everyone sheds weight while doing it. I'm wit ya woman.
And yes, some of it is muscle, some of it is water (all that hydrating) but my poochy tummy is def not muscle!
Hang in there!

Kaci said...

Weight is such a evil thing!! Good luck with your journey!!!