Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why yes, I am the cookie monster, thank you

Last night I somehow managed to get dinner on the table in a timely manner and after cleaning the kitchen (I know!) I got this wackado idea to bake some cookies.

Because I haven't had cookies in like what, a week?

You see, while some children find their happiest moments playing in the dirt, riding their bikes or playing with Barbie, mine are made up of baking cookies with my momma and thus stealing the oven hot goodies off the rack like a little mouse. (and suffering a lot of burns)

It's no secret that I lack self esteem--but, stick me in a kitchen with my baking goods and I'm Queen of the Castle and rockin' it like nobody's business (remember, it is, after all, all about me).

Enter the most fabulous cookies I have ever made: I have a major weakness for yogurt covered raisins and cranberries and have eaten my way through 3/4 of a bag in two days (new personal record, fyi), so, enter I mixed up some white chocolate and cransin cookies. OMG, yum.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 dried cranberries
1/4 white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350
Mix first 6 ingredients until fluffy
Add flour and oatmeal and mix well
Stir in craisins and chocolate chips

Bake for 15 minutes until light brown

Let cool.
Eat 3 or 4 as quickly as you can.
Repeat until gone (shouldn't take long.....not that I would know).

Good thing I kicked my own @$$ on the treadmill this morning--8.3 miles? Yes, thank you.

9 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I totally want some of your cookies! mmmm... wait ... does that sound weird? LOL!

Lindsey said...

Yum!! A warm cooking sounds delish right now!

Lis said...

YUMMMM!! I love your cookie recipes!! That pumpkin choc chip one got me through the fall!!! :)

Patience said...

I keep saying I will learn to bake when I get the kitchenaid mixer I have been asking for, forever. I can cook like a champ, but don't have a clue how to bake anything, unless it comes in a package and I cut them off and place on a baking sheet.

Patience said...

Leaving the furbabies is hard, but once I am sipping by fruity drinks and laying on the beach I am sure the babies will be far from my mind. I just worry about the Pug because he is diabetic and requires insulin shots twice a day. Start showing the husband pictures of cute, adorable puppies...this will for sure get him thinking. Honestly having three dogs is not a big deal, well until we want to go on vaca. What kind of dog do you want?

meredith said...

mmm, i made cookies last night! (err, i actually eat cookies every night... guilt pleasure!)

8.3 miles ON A TREADMILL?!?! wow, i'm impressed! i can hardly run 3 on a treadmill - the distance isn't the issue, it's the monotony! i get sooooo bored.

Samma said...

I need to do more of the running part, and less of the cookie eating part :)

Kaci said...

Oh wow I totally want one...mmmm

d.a.r. said...

Wow, those sound amazing!