Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things you shouldn't do. Because they are stupid.

I'm here to offer y'all some free advice, because lately, I've been learning a lot, and, being the fantastic blogette that I am, want to pass it along to you. Free of charge. Of course, if you want to pay me, that's fine too.

Now, without further ado, I present, my list of "don'ts"

1. Run a red light. On a Sunday. In front of a cop. (luckily, he did the same thing and we got home free and clear. But really, it's an abnormally short green light and I honestly thought we could make it)

2. Allow your fabulous sis in law reign in the kitchen. (she will bake banana bread and cinnamon muffins and you will gain weight, but, you love her anyway)

3. Try to run the remaining 8 miles of your long run by yourself. (you will get bored, pissy and generally stop every 2.5 minutes. Estupido!)

4. Go grocery shopping while only a teensy bit hungry, but, not starving. (because you'll come home with bags and bags of chips. Obviously)

5. Look at the elevation chart for your next marathon a mere two months out. (you will have a full on panic attack and lose a great deal of sleep over the whole thing and realize that there's an 8 hour cut off--my money's on 7:59:59 for my time y'all)

6. Try to paint your nails right before making dinner. (I think this is obvious)

7. Incorrectly label a FedEx package. (luckily, the people at FedEx customer service are very nice--I'm thinking I'm not the first person to do this)

8. Eat dessert, even though you don't need it. (this will result in extra tight pants and other items of clothing. Willpower anyone?)

As you can see, I've learned a lot the past few days. One would think I'd already know many of these things, but, one would be wrong. Hey, it's life, we learn as we go, yes? Yes. And, at the end of the day, I do get a kick out of myself.

Surely I'm not the only one.

Anyone else learned anything lately?

9 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Ugh I am going to try and tackle 9 miles solo this weekend. I have a feeling I am going to have to run as far away from my house as possible and then turn around, because otherwise, I would probably quit and go home and eat ice cream. Or order a large pizza. Or maybe both.

Sarah B. said...

I love free advice...lol.
And ok...my husband and I were looking at the Catalina course to see where we could cheer you on (looks like the finish line is it) and he says "Wow, she is either crazy, brave, or in great shape...this looks like a tough one." So the fact that you are even signed up to do this one is highly impressive to both of us.
But I really love the fact that you signed up, saw how "challenging" it was and are still doing it. :)

Jen Feeny said...

LOL! Thanks for the smile girl!!! :)

P.S. BREATHE!!!! You will do great at #2!!!

Patience said...

Avoid my Nephew if he is sick because inevitably you too will get sick. Boo!

Samma said...

But a package of newman's oreo style cookies, becuase you are ungry in the grocery store and they organic and mint flavored. Eat a shit ton of said cookies right before your workout!

Dollface said...

I learned not to leave any food around our apartment!! read my entry, poor thundy! xxxoo

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

This list is HILARIOUS!! I learned not to drink my second cup of morning coffee 30 minutes before my run...YUCK!!

Glamorous Newlywed said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I have one! Don't decide to watch Marley & Me (because you've never seen it) before you have to go to dinner with people you don't see often. Red "I've been crying" eyes = not such a flattering look.

Lindsey said...

Great advice! I am guilty of going to the grocery store starving and it ends BAD!