Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm officially one of those crazy people with the endorphins

True story my friends, true story.

Remember a few months back when I was all "woe is me and I want to die"? Yeah, that was a sucky time, not going to lie. Things in general sucked, so, obviously, my mood was foul. It didn't help matters that I was not running, like at all.

Fast forward to now, and I'm running pretty regularly (but could not pull myself out of bed today--we'll discuss later) and even though things are actually pretty much 50% worse than they were back in October, I'm not nearly as bitchy as I was.

Reason?

I've gotten my act together and been running almost every morning. Lord help me, but, really, when I don't run before work, I get all grumpy and whiney about going to work. If I run? Sure, I'm still a bit annoyed because, yeah, it's work, but, I'm not contemplating ramming my car into a telephone pole for a day off.

I didn't run this morning, like I said, so, naturally, I'm just a peach to deal with right now. This will be resolved at lunchtime--thank heavens.

Which leads me to believe that I have somehow mysteriously morphed into one of those crazy endorphins people who really do get a high from a good workout (read: run).

Never.in.a.million.years.

On that note, on Saturday, I managed to drag my scary weight (yes, I have one and yes, I'm there, shut up) ass out of bed early and managed to not only get in 16.5 kick ass miles, but, move up a pace group (this is huge for me--huge!). And my sweet husband came to pick me up since it was too far to run home (ran to the clubhouse, ran the loop, ran to the nearest parking lot).

Now, can someone just give my sweet husband a job? Preferably one that allows me to have children and be a semi stay at home mom? Puh-leeze! K, thanks.

Happy Monday y'all.

8 comments:

Dollface said...

Yeah I noticed that when I went to the gym last week before work I felt great during the day.. this week I am going to kick that up again... and I hope hubby finds a job!!!!! xxxooo

Sam Felsenfeld said...

Move up a pace group? Are you getting faster? The quicker you get, the sooner you get to stop running when you're racing!

Lindsey said...

I'm the same way! When I don't get my workout in before work I get cranky!

B.o.B. said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of crazed-endorphin addiction. We welcome you - now let's go run yay! (Totally being obnoxious runner person right now! LOL!)

Glad you found something that makes you feel better. I think that's why I do it.

And thanks for the kind words. :)

Jennifer H. said...

Super inspiring! Maybe I'll give running a try...

Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex said...

Congrats on moving up a pace group! That's very exciting :)

It's also really exciting to realize you're a "runner." I'm finally starting to feel like a runner, and starting to really like running! It's an amazing feeling.

Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex said...

Congrats on moving up a pace group! That's very exciting :)

It's also really exciting to realize you're a "runner." I'm finally starting to feel like a runner, and starting to really like running! It's an amazing feeling.

Jen Feeny said...

Yay for a great run! I'm right there with ya on the needing to run/workout before work, it just always makes me such a happier person!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and the hubs on the job front!